New Expedition Camper - Overland Explorer

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
I like the Froli - be aware that it will add extra softness to the mattress, so you may need to go firmer with the mattress to compensate. We have the Froli combined with a composite foam/memory foam mattress and it works well. A side benefit to the memory foam is since you sink into it a bit, it holds you in place if you aren't completely level. :)

HowardH

Adventurer
How many people have an outside temperature gauge in their camper, that can be read from the inside? Just thought of that and requested it. Seems like a handy thing to have.

java

Expedition Leader
How many people have an outside temperature gauge in their camper, that can be read from the inside? Just thought of that and requested it. Seems like a handy thing to have.

Yes! I have a cheap one, just have to keep extra batteries handy, it seems to eat them. I have seen -17F on mine.

HowardH

Adventurer
Updated progress photos. Showing the camper with the roof railing. Also the "outdoor" kitchen and the access where it stores in the camper.

20171129_131140_resized.jpg

20171129_132356_resized.jpg

20171129_131210_resized.jpg

HowardH

Adventurer
Yes the Bullfinch is a neat setup. We ended up with three. One of course in the shower, one for the outdoor shower and one in the exterior pass through for the outdoor kitchen. I think it will work really well. Fingers crossed.

Have not put much thought into a winch. I don't know the Anderson. I will do some research. Thank you.

HowardH

Adventurer
Are these available with a longer than 1.5m hose ?

I suspect the only thing(s) Bullfinch is the fitting and possibly the shower head. I suspect the hose is generic and can be made any length. I am scheduled to pick up the camper Thursday next week. I can tell you for sure after that. Or perhaps Mark from Overland Camper will chime in here.

Howard

HowardH

Adventurer
Update on the Rickson Wheels. I canceled the order. Unfortunately my experience lines up with others. My guess is that these one off type of super singles are simply that - one offs - and don't fit in with their primary work. Just too many missed deadlines and promised ship dates not met. Back to ground zero but running an OEM duel set up isn't a "wrong" route to go. In fact many feel its a better way.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
That's unfortunate Howard, but understandable.
Though I'm sure many will appreciate the input with regards to Rickson.

My position on the entire SRW tire deal is simple. Airing down with the 19.5 just isn't advised.

With that said, Im curious about the new Superduty OEM TPMS sensors.
Any chance the system also monitors tire temp?

Id be willing to play with tire pressures on a 19.5's if I could also monitor tire temps.

HowardH

Adventurer
Airing down with the 19.5 just isn't advised.

That seems to be the concensus here in the USA. However the only people I know of who claim to have aired them down, All Terrain Warriors and their customers, claim no issues with airing them down.

I do plan to experiment with airing them down and that will include monitoring tire temperatures. I purchased one of the infra red temp guages so am ready to go. Once I get some weight on my truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles