New Falken All Terrain coming

Bikemobile

Adventurer
Looks good. I'm not so sure about the "W" part. I guess you can just add a W to the name and people will think it is good in snow. I can look at the tread pattern and tell you it will be good but not great in snow.

RubiconGeoff

Adventurer
Looks good. I'm not so sure about the "W" part. I guess you can just add a W to the name and people will think it is good in snow. I can look at the tread pattern and tell you it will be good but not great in snow.

Well it's bound to be a heck of a lot better in snow than the current Wildpeak A/T is. We can't tell by the photos how deep the siping is on the new tires, but at least it has full-depth tread blocks, as opposed to the Wildpeak A/T which is nothing but a racing slick with 4 circumferencial grooves by the time it's down to 50% treadwear. It looks to me that Falken learned a lot from their mistakes with the current tire and addressed them with the new tire.

falken.jpg

Bikemobile

Adventurer
Agreed, everytime I read somebody endorsing or choosing the falken wild peak I cringe at the thought of them driving in the rain or even scarier, snow.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
The wild peaks usually test real well in tire shootouts. I have always thought we needed a tire shootout when all the tire were wore half out. That would be a better comparison IMO.

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
Discount Tire Direct gave my dad a great discount on new tires due to the poor wear and performance of the current wildpeaks he had bought form them. Great for a few miles and then they are junk.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Well it's bound to be a heck of a lot better in snow than the current Wildpeak A/T is. We can't tell by the photos how deep the siping is on the new tires, but at least it has full-depth tread blocks, as opposed to the Wildpeak A/T which is nothing but a racing slick with 4 circumferencial grooves by the time it's down to 50% treadwear. It looks to me that Falken learned a lot from their mistakes with the current tire and addressed them with the new tire.

View attachment 308713

Yeah my neighbor's 2000 F-350 ate up 4 Wildpeak's in 22K. All city stop and go. Discount credited him towards some Nitto Terra Grapplers which have done better.

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
Falken is a cheap China brand so make sure you know what you are buying. Last set I had would not balance out.

martell06

Observer
Falken is a cheap China brand so make sure you know what you are buying. Last set I had would not balance out.

Falken is owned by Sumitomo Rubber based in Japan where their tires are made. They may have a few lines made in Taiwan, can't remember

Applejack

Explorer
Agreed, everytime I read somebody endorsing or choosing the falken wild peak I cringe at the thought of them driving in the rain or even scarier, snow.

The wild peaks usually test real well in tire shootouts. I have always thought we needed a tire shootout when all the tire were wore half out. That would be a better comparison IMO.

While I continue to read tire shootouts I really give them about zero weight in my tire buying decisions. I used to I came away more disappointed than anything. The AT's were highly praised by several publications but I had to wonder if maybe it was because the bought large ad spaces.

martell06

Observer
They have very thick sidewalls and soft rubber - great in the rocks and places like Moab, not good for tire wear. Lack of full depth tread blocks doesn't help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94