new from Austria: ActionCamper for Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

haven

Expedition Leader
The panoramas work fine on my 3rd generation iPad. They're just wide photos, no scrolling side to side necessary.

haven

Expedition Leader
Being able to sleep in your camper with the top down would be useful in high winds, driving rain, or when stealth camping in an urban area. Has anyone slept in the prototype with the top down? It looks like you would need to be a contortionist to enter or exit the bed. And forget about turning over!

ActionCamper-closed.jpg

ishmael

Hello,

I'm resurrecting this thread to see if anyone has any more recent info, on the ActionCamper in general, and availability in the US in particular? I've only just begun looking around for recent info, but, so far, the trail is cold. I know cost was/is the big issue, but I thought I had read that they were considering selling just the shell?

Thanks much in advance!

ActionCamper

Supporting Sponsor
Hi John,
I'm probably too late with my answer! I have changed many thing and moved to SoCal. If you wanna talk my number is 435 224 3807 or you send me yours and I call.
Eric Thaler – Thaler Design LLC – ActionCamper

haven

Expedition Leader
ActionCamper is now set up in Las Vegas. They are selling the camper for the Wrangler for $30k, plus installation. A pickup conversion for the Wrangler (the ActionTruck) is also available, price $6000. I think Teraflex is their preferred reseller.

http://www.actioncamper.com/camper.php

action camper (2).jpg

Keyne

Adventurer
Always liked that design, but I wonder how much that would weigh... cant imagine it is within the Jeep weight limit but from what I could see they didn't post the weight.

ActionCamper

Supporting Sponsor
v023.jpg

Hi "Haven", thanks for posting.
The American ActionCamper reseller is Thaler Design Corp. in Las Vegas, NV. The manufacturer is Thaler Design LLC in Colton, CA. The camper are only sold direct to the customer. We have several partners for the professional installation.
Teraflex is is the worldwide distributor for the ActionTruck.

haven

Expedition Leader
Thanks for the clarification about the relationship between ActionCamper and Teraflex.

The question about the weight of the camper comes up regularly. Can you post the approximate weight of the finished camper, before installation on the Jeep? The weight of the JK varies, depending on aftermarket bumpers, body armor, wheels and tires, and other stuff. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior