New Jeep Pick Up to be unveiled...The Gladiator

Jurfie

Adventurer

Now you're talking! I'm just not sure if I would prefer to wait for the 2-door to replace my 2-door JK. Removing the backseat was my first "mod" and I think the shorter wheelbase would be better on the tighter trails around here. Plus (from the artist renderings I've seen of the 2-door Gladiator), I think it looks better aesthetically.

Clutch

<---Pass
Yes it's been hacked. In the 1st gen Tacoma (and I think 3rd gen 4Runner, 80 series) it's called the grey wire mod. It's more involved in the 2nd gen so I haven't gone to the trouble yet.

Ahhh...so that is what the grey wire mod is. Ya know after all these years, heard of it, but never really looked into it. Learn something every day!

One of the few times I would use the locker was for blasting down sand washes in 2WD.

Last edited:

DallasJKU

Adventurer
Like with the JL, the Rubicon is the only model that looks good. However, it will take some time to grow on me. Losing the cargo area behind the seats would be tough for me. I bet the Rubicon Strats at $60K.

Clutch

<---Pass
The more I see it the more I think the bed overhang looks out of proportion, imho, like an afterthought.

Even the LC's look that way, it is like the axle needs to be pushed back a foot or so. But I know that it is that way because it shares a chassis with other models. Seems like if you haul a load, there is going to be too much weight behind the axle...but pretty much how they do it in the rest of the World.

Land-Cruiser-Pick-up-Double-Cab-21-1030x687.jpg

DallasJKU

Adventurer
I still love the lines of the JK and just like the boxy look. If I spend that much for a truck I think I would go for the Raptor.

Wallygator

Adventurer
My Tacoma E-Locker works in high-range and in 2WD. I am the 2nd owner, so maybe the previous owner did some wiring trickery???

Yes in your years Tacoma it was a simple jumper if I remember correctly or it had something to do with a grey wire? I did it on both of mine back in the day. It was fun playing with the locker in 2wd

Wallygator

Adventurer
Yes it's been hacked. In the 1st gen Tacoma (and I think 3rd gen 4Runner, 80 series) it's called the grey wire mod. It's more involved in the 2nd gen so I haven't gone to the trouble yet.

OOPS, never mine Dave has it right. I guess I needed to keep reading before responding. It was easy to do that's for sure. I still have not figured out how to do it on my 5th gen 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online