new member, hello!!!!

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Hi guys. Just stumbled across this website today after recieving a link about the new Jeep Earthroamer. I LOVE expedition travel rigs, and have been dreaming them up in my head for years. I've been building my van to be my all purpose rig, so that includes daily driver, mtn bike shuttle rig, show vehicle for my clothing line, and backcountry camper. The suspension is complete, and now I'm starting to plan the rest of the interior. I did the 4wd conversion myself, working at an off road shop for the last 5 yrs. I just took a job @ Kilby Enterprises. We manufacture on board air kits for several vehicles, as well as a line of Jeep bumpers & skid plates. I'm sure I've talked to some of you guys over the years! -------- You can see the entire buildup of my van on my website, www.ujointclothing.com Chris

gjackson

FRGS
Welcome! Very nice van you got. I really like the build detail on your site. You did a super clean job with those axles! Very nice!

And what is that in the background on your SEMA shot? Some sort of a Taco with a tent?! :p

:sombrero:

cheers

DaktariEd

2005, 2006 Tech Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
Welcome to ExPo!
Jump in....the water's fine!

:REExeSwimmingHL:

Scott Brady

Founder
Yeah, whoever owns that Tacoma behind your van must be a cool dude :costumed-smiley-007

116.jpg

Welcome to the forum. I remember chatting with you for a few minutes at the SEMA show. Your van is impressive!

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
thanks!

Yea, I wish I had more time to talk, but as you could see, things were crazy. I was only able to attend the show for one day, so I wasn't able to spend much time at the van. So now I can ask all of my questions here!!----Chris

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Welcome, very nice van. It will be fun watching the rest of the build up, please keep us updated and post a lot of pics.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Thanks for the compliments guys!! ---- There's plenty more to come, I have allot of plans. I'm going to Death Valley in Feb, TDS in March, and planning a trip at the end of march with some van guys to either Death Vallay or Anzo Borrego. So everyone is invited to that one!!----- My next mods are a rear sikd plate that also serves as my space for onboard air. Then I plan to start building a larger roof rack with a pop tent. That should be enoughtime & $$$ to keep me busy for a while. --

\\'anderer

Adventurer
Welcome

Love the van and the detailed build up on your website. It motivated me to get busy on my 'ol pathfinder van.:Mechanic:

jeff@work

Adventurer
I started following your buildup of your van over on the yahoo 4x4 van group...very cool....and nice choice in color ;) Looking forward to seeing how you finish off the rest of it!

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Thanks.-------------- I had a 78 before this van. I took it apart when I was 19, and took me 4 yrs to get it running again. It was crazy, too much $$$ down the drain. But I learned alot.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Thanks.. I remember seeing your rig featured somewhere. Was it in a magazine? Or did I see it online?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior