New member intro with several questions? Now turning into a build!

Mnbogboy

Couple more pictures.
By narrowing the left side 4" the whole camper will be shifted 2" to the left. This leaves enough room for the Honda generator to fit between the basement & pickup box. A sliding drawer will be built into the "base" (separate unit that raises the cab-over to clear the cab). When I paint the base unit I will get some pictures. Lots to do before then.

Attachments

c.traveler2

I carry my portable generator in a box mounted to the back of my Lance 815. I installed a exhaust to carry away the exhaust fumes from the engine and a cooling fan to expel the heat when the door is close This set up has work for me for along

while, over 20,000 miles. It' not a thing of beauty but it works.

Last edited:

Mnbogboy

I carry my portable generator in a box mounted to the back of my Lance 815. I installed a exhaust to carry away the exhaust fumes from the engine and a cooling fan to expel the heat when the door is close This set up has work for me for along

while, over 20,000 miles. It' not a thing of beauty but it works.
Thanks for the idea, looks secure, safe from the dishonest!

Mnbogboy

Moving along slowly.
LP bay will be back left corner.
Small sink & two burner cook top built in with microwave shelf below.
"Overhead" bunk 42 x 70, while lower is 30 x 70.
Aluminum skin is in the garage now but the attachment details are still "up for grabs".
The original Palomino skin was applied with some kind of contact cement.
Hoping someone will inspire me.
That's all for now more to come.

Attachments

Mnbogboy

Making a little progress.
Roof will be two panels. Had to fashion up a 2x4 brake to make the bend at the rear.
Front panel is next, will lap the rear panel and hopefully follow the front "roll"...?
I prevent the roof trim to assist with rolling down the front panel. I will detach the roof trim, apply the adhesive to the rafters & foam, seal the lap joint and hopefully will be able to use the pre-bent trim to assist in fitting that last piece of sheet metal.🤔

Attachments

Mnbogboy

Last piece of aluminum. This piece laps the rear roof panel. I used 3M vhb about 2-1/2 inches in on the lap with 100% silicon on the first 1-1/2 of the lap. I hope it stays sealed forever..? The lap does fall on a rafters so it could be screwed down if push came to shove.
It's do finally starting to look like a camper. 😁... (well sort of).

Attachments

Mnbogboy

A little more progress.
All skin is on.
"Kitchen" done for now. Hooked up stove top, checked for leaks, works great.
Sink drain plumbed to rear.
Shore power wired to sink light, and two outlets (one is undercounter for microwave).
Need to add interior window trim and outside screw cover trim.
Lots to do yet before it goes into the truck.

Attachments