New Member, not so new truck

R

roadrash

Thanks... I'm sure you'll run across one..... Since I've had this one for a year, there isnt a week that goes by on ebay that does not include at least one PINZ being for sale... They are a bit more common on the west coast and down south but i know for a fact they can be shipped as mine went from southern CA to NH. They are a blast to drive too.

R

roadrash

It’s a great rig, thanks..

As far as what is with "Americans" with guns

I would really rather Not get into political or pro/anti gun discussion because wel, this is and expedition vehicle forum, however since you brought it up, there are a few things worth pointing out.

1) Without them, we'd still be a Colony of an oppressive King 3000 miles away. Solved with tremendous loss of life over 200 years ago but resulted in a Free Nation for generations.
2) I can NEVER, EVER be a helpless victim, even if I don't win, I have both the rights and tools to defend myself and my family from anyone who wishes to do us harm. Not everyone in this world is Peaceful or Merciful, when these “Evil” elements want to pray on someone they have to decide if their gain, whatever that may be is worth giving their lives for. If they know that the chances their intended victim may be just as deadly as they are, then they tend to rethink things.
3) You are 100% safe in Australia from gun toting Americans, so you don't really need to worry about crazy Americans wondering around your streets. The Criminal element in Aus that smuggle them onto your beaches at night are a different story, but that an Australian issue that is up to Australians to solve.
4) It’s a guaranteed right of US Citizens to both keep and bare arms It’s also not a coincidence that it falls as the 2nd, right behind the freedom of (Speech,Religion,Press) which are #1. In much of the world today you see masses of people gathering to protest their governments actions, which if you ask their Governments, they do not have the rights to do. You also see Armed governments firing on and killing their UNARMED Citizens….. It’s a major flaw of Armed Governments and Unarmed Citizens, or should I say, Subjects.
5) The number (one or two is enough) doesn't really matter does it? Not sure what that has to do with anything.

Chris_B

Well said. As it is said, "the best defence against tyranny is a well armed populace".
Long live freedom!

Also, sweet rig.

Steve F

Adventurer
Very nice truck, love it. I also find the mass of weapons rather daunting, I guess its not the normal for us Australians. I did like the comment about smuggling weapons in on our beaches in the middle of the night ;) We do have guns, it is legal to own them, it's just not many feel the need or desire to.

Cheers
Steve

R

roadrash

Am I mistaken in thinking that there has been a rather large influx of "human trafficing, drugs, weapons" into Austrailia recently? Also, isnt there something about "self defense" as NOT being an acceptible reason to request a permit in Aus? Shrug, Whatever, this was never meant to be a GUN's post, it was about a truck... Im glad that you find your country to be a peaceful eutopia... there arent very many. Here in the US there are criminals EVERYWHERE and our judicial system does not keep violent criminals locked up...Some are so violent they don't care who they attack or how brutally evil they are... I however AM NOT the criminal nor the problem... I am the Citizen and I feel it necessary to own my OWN tools for protection vs relying on a broken system to keep me safe. Simply owning a weapon, a hundred weapons should not be a knee jerk reaction or prompt comments like "Whats up with you Americans?" As if I am the problem.

R

roadrash

dissapointed... I wanted to learn about exedition trucks and what others were doing, not get into polical or gun/anti-gun conversations... guess i have no tollerance for that kind of stuff and i dont want to hang around defending my possitions or views. it was a short ride but a fun one, enjoy your forum... may i suggest next time you talk about the trucks instead? as a military vehicle its got military weapons mounts and military weapons, sorry thats offensive to some.

Patman

Explorer
I am the Citizen and I feel it necessary to own my OWN tools for protection vs relying on a broken system to keep me safe. Simply owning a weapon, a hundred weapons should not be a knee jerk reaction or prompt comments like "Whats up with you Americans?" As if I am the problem.

Welcome to the forum Roadrash, and your Pinz is great. I may agree with your view on owning/carrying etc. However I think its a little unrealistic to rock a dash mount 12 and one for the rear, and a .30, etc. and not expect a comment or 4. Even if this wasn't an international forum, I would expect a few comments. Weather they are questions about your readiness for the coming zombie apocalypse, or about what kind of ammo you prefer for "pest" control. Don't let it discourage you from sticking around and enjoying what is a great resource for info and entertainment.

So what are the specific plans on the trailer? More storage, or an rtt and a camperize?

Elliot Press

Observer
dissapointed... I wanted to learn about exedition trucks and what others were doing, not get into polical or gun/anti-gun conversations... guess i have no tollerance for that kind of stuff and i dont want to hang around defending my possitions or views. it was a short ride but a fun one, enjoy your forum... may i suggest next time you talk about the trucks instead? as a military vehicle its got military weapons mounts and military weapons, sorry thats offensive to some.

Oh god, go cry a river emo kid.
It's a discussion forum. We were having a discussion.
Obviously guns will come into considering half of the photos were of his guns in the car and not much else.

Sabre07

Observer
As far as what is with "Americans" with guns

I would really rather Not get into political or pro/anti gun discussion because wel, this is and expedition vehicle forum, however since you brought it up, there are a few things worth pointing out.

1) Without them, we'd still be a Colony of an oppressive King 3000 miles away. Solved with tremendous loss of life over 200 years ago but resulted in a Free Nation for generations.
2) I can NEVER, EVER be a helpless victim, even if I don't win, I have both the rights and tools to defend myself and my family from anyone who wishes to do us harm. Not everyone in this world is Peaceful or Merciful, when these “Evil” elements want to pray on someone they have to decide if their gain, whatever that may be is worth giving their lives for. If they know that the chances their intended victim may be just as deadly as they are, then they tend to rethink things.
3) You are 100% safe in Australia from gun toting Americans, so you don't really need to worry about crazy Americans wondering around your streets. The Criminal element in Aus that smuggle them onto your beaches at night are a different story, but that an Australian issue that is up to Australians to solve.
4) It’s a guaranteed right of US Citizens to both keep and bare arms It’s also not a coincidence that it falls as the 2nd, right behind the freedom of (Speech,Religion,Press) which are #1. In much of the world today you see masses of people gathering to protest their governments actions, which if you ask their Governments, they do not have the rights to do. You also see Armed governments firing on and killing their UNARMED Citizens….. It’s a major flaw of Armed Governments and Unarmed Citizens, or should I say, Subjects.
5) The number (one or two is enough) doesn't really matter does it? Not sure what that has to do with anything.

This. Is. Truth.

Who made your carbine?

Witchdoctor Oz

Adventurer
Roadrash,

Firstly your truck looks awesome, so please keep the interested updated.

Please do not paint all Aussie's with the same brush, loads of the uniformed live in a dream world.

Please keep the images & info coming.

Cheers
David

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles