New member with a new 4RUNNER

Ray_Biker

Howdy from South Carolina. I'm new to this forum but not new to traveling on my dual-sport motorcycle and my good ole trusty 98 Grand Cherokee.
I recently purchased a new 2016 4x4 Toyota 4Runner to be used as a daily commuter (80 miles round trip). Yes, it does sound crazy but I'm 6'3" with recently fused lower back. Comfort and legroom is extremely important for me. 4Runner has more legroom than any other vehicle I looked at, except new Tundra trucks. I just could not justify 13 MPG on Tundra trucks and settled with a 19 MPG 4RUNNER.
I bought the brand new 4RUNNER at 6PM on Sunday and hit a deer on the way home at 9 PM on the same day. How about that? LOL. No major damage. Only $1500 worth of plastic, labor and paint.
Well, at least I got this out of the way. LOL
I'm in my mid 40s and work as an electrical engineer. I used to work as a car mechanic, 20 years ago.
Hobbies include traveling, motorcycling, HAM Radio and flying.
I'll hang around and maybe ask questions about making my new 4Runner more trail worthy. I already know I can hunt deer with it. ;) Hope you guys and gals don't mind.

Applejack

Explorer
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new 4Runner, and awesome platform for just about anything. But maybe I'm a bit biased. There are a few of us on here with 5th gens, so plenty to be inspired by for sure.

kwill

Observer
Welcome. I'm fairly new too and have a 2014 4Runner SR5. Tell us more about yours and any plans you may have for it.

jacaobsdenmark

Hi Ray congrats for your new 4RUNNER you may be very much happy and delighted. You can reach me at for any kind of damage or repair service. I will be happy to help you out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior