New owner of a '97 Montero SR

GEN2MADVENT

Hello everyone, just picked a good condition, cosmeticly, a '97 Monetero SR with 195k miles for $1300. I don't think it's ever seen dirt, untill I recently drove it on some to engaged the 4x system. Rear locker would light solid for about 200ft then would flash, I don't know why? Replacing the 31 inch stock tires that are worn and rims with some all terrain 265/75/16 on 16x8 -22 offset black wheels. Also replacing ball joints, tie rods, and shocks. So far engine and tranny is running smoothly; hoping everything last since this one is a forever keeper. Anyone in the San Diego area that can school me on this fine stead... 20180131_121526.jpg20180131_121018.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Is that to much? Craigslist add that my brother-n-law found. Previous owner must of been a jazz fan, left the 10 disc CD changer full jazz CD's, good ones too.. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Definitely not too much, you paid about half of what they usually go for.

Imnosaint

Adventurer
Great deal on a very nice looking SR. You're probably already aware - keep in mind the conditions and 4X selection for your locker. It's just intended to lock the axle to provide traction to get unstuck, not to roll with down the road.

GEN2MADVENT

Great deal on a very nice looking SR. You're probably already aware - keep in mind the conditions and 4X selection for your locker. It's just intended to lock the axle to provide traction to get unstuck, not to roll with down the road.

Thanks and good looking out. I tested the system on a sandy rutted area and purposely tried to get the rear dug in, and the Monti manage to pull itself out. I'm hoping within the next few weeks ill have it out on the trail.

Salonika

Monterror Pilot
I can second JnM on that, my shop confirmed no filter just a screen to prevent large particle uptake. I did a fluid change only no flush over 10k ago and transmission has never skipped a beat, shifts perfectly, I’m at 215k on the odo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94