SOLD !! 2018 GLOBAL EXPEDITION VEHICLE-- TURTLE XL-- RAM 5500 CUMMINS TURBO DIESEL 4X4

Sparrowhawk

There is an enormous storage area that is accessed from outside the truck on either side. The storage tray slides out on either side (see photo) &
holds up to 800 lbs.
Above the chassis are 2 weatherproof aluminum boxes bolted to the rack. Here is where we store things like snowshoes, sweaters, jackets etc.,--things that we don't need most of the time.
IMG_1850.jpg
IMG_1768.jpg
IMG_1091.jpg

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Can you tell us more about these?

New in 2020:
1) Upgraded suspension (additional leaf springs)
3) New grey tank heater plus full insulation for grey tank

Why did you need add'l leaf springs in the rear? Were the originals not spec'd for the proper weight by GXV?
Did the existing gray water tank heater fail, and was there no previous insulation for the gray tank?

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183

New in 2020:

Why did you need add'l leaf springs in the rear? Were the originals not spec'd for the proper weight by GXV?
Did the existing gray water tank heater fail, and was there no previous insulation for the gray tank?

Could you tell us more about why you are inquiring about such things?

Are you a potential buyer? Or just bored on the intrawebs? [kissyfaceemoji] :p

Sparrowhawk

New in 2020:

From the get-go I noticed the rear seemed slightly off level when the truck was fully loaded (100 gallons of water, 100 gallons of diesel, all our stuff etc). My partner didn't see it-- but i could. I'm extremely persnickety, so when we decided to sell we took it to be checked out. Turned out that the leaf springs that it had were fine ,it just needed an extra leaf on each side in the rear.

As for the grey tank. We spent a month in winter weather--teens at night, hovering around freezing with sun in the afternoon most days. Tank wouldn't empty in morning, but after a few hours of sun it would. If it wasn't sunny we would wrap a heating cord around the exit pipe and the base of the tank -- it would empty within a relatively short period of time. In truth, it didn't need to be insulated because it turned out that the heating pad was flawed. It was only functioning at about 30 percent. When we had it replaced, we also asked for the entire tank to be insulated in case such an issue ever happened again.

Msand

Importer
Maybe that Ford went for so low of a price because of the ungodly ridiculous rear overhang, lack of departure angle, and extended frame
The ford has a better departure angle than this rig, not sure what game your playing here exactly- I'm guessing your trying to play the white knight. But if members of a FORUM have information on the sale of previous rigs, have owned them, and ask questions about certain things that any sensible potential buyer would be curious to ask- you should let them without asking why they need to know that information.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
The ford has a better departure angle than this rig, not sure what game your playing here exactly- I'm guessing your trying to play the white knight. But if members of a FORUM have information on the sale of previous rigs, have owned them, and ask questions about certain things that any sensible potential buyer would be curious to ask- you should let them without asking why they need to know that information.

I’m just razzing that @mk216v fella cause he likes to stir the pot... :)

This is a nice rig at a nice price

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
From the get-go I noticed the rear seemed slightly off level when the truck was fully loaded (100 gallons of water, 100 gallons of diesel, all our stuff etc). My partner didn't see it-- but i could. I'm extremely persnickety, so when we decided to sell we took it to be checked out. Turned out that the leaf springs that it had were fine ,it just needed an extra leaf on each side in the rear.

As for the grey tank. We spent a month in winter weather--teens at night, hovering around freezing with sun in the afternoon most days. Tank wouldn't empty in morning, but after a few hours of sun it would. If it wasn't sunny we would wrap a heating cord around the exit pipe and the base of the tank -- it would empty within a relatively short period of time. In truth, it didn't need to be insulated because it turned out that the heating pad was flawed. It was only functioning at about 30 percent. When we had it replaced, we also asked for the entire tank to be insulated in case such an issue ever happened again.

Thx for the info. Persnickety is good, I think most all of us appreciate persnickety, and want that from a seller.
So what I'm understanding is that you liked the level-look from adding an extra leaf in the rear. That's a better look IMHO, even a slightly raked(ie raised rear) vs a saggy rear. Looks good from these pics.

Understood on the gray tank issue, now it's improved more than before.

I’m just razzing that @mk216v fella cause he likes to stir the pot... :)
This is a nice rig at a nice price

Wasn't stirring the pot kind sir, was asking actual/pertinent questions, as I hadn't seen answers as to the why of these changes/upgrades. Please get back to making another youtube video on your cherry dining table, we're all chomping at the bit to see more. :p

Sparrowhawk

We've assumed that people will go to the GXV site for detailed specifics on the build. We still hope you do, but just in case we have added a few more things to our introductory list.

Thank you--- be well.

Sparrowhawk

Ooops - our mistake.
It's max 500 amp current per battery.
360 amp hours per battery.
5000 watt hours per battery.

What i'm not mistaken about is these batteries can hold a tremendous amount of power--amen:)

I'm not an electrician--I do make mistakes on the tech specifics regarding this Mastervolt system, but I can say with great confidence that it is a fabulous system--- all marine grade electrical wiring / Blue Sea systems etc.
I have all the detailed manuals regarding every component on this system.

Thanks for catching this error!

Sparrowhawk

we've been asked to take some shots inside the storage area-- electrical system, plumbing, filtration etc.

Attachments

• IMG_2162.jpg
    IMG_2162.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 119
  • IMG_2155.jpg
    IMG_2155.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 121
  • IMG_2148.jpg
    IMG_2148.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_2144.jpg
    IMG_2144.jpg