New product from Proud Rhino! The SYA Off Road Extension Kit

Fivespddisco

Supporting Sponsor
I would like to start this new product release with a question:

What is the biggest fear of LR3, LR4 and Range Rover Sport owners who run larger-than-stock tires?

I can hear everyone on the web simultaneously cry out “having my air suspension fail, leaving my truck on the bump-stops”. This is a legitimate fear for anyone using air suspension. Fortunately the engineers at Land Rover built in a safety net with the bump stops. Unfortunately for those with larger tires the bump stops are only effective for tires slightly over stock size.

Running larger tires on your Rover has it’s Pros and Cons.

Pros: You achieve more ground clearance to navigate obstacles more freely and you’ve also made your Land Rover look like a Land Rover should.

Con: A random air suspension failure will leave your truck on the bump-stops. When this happens with larger tires, you're stuck. Your tires will be so compacted into the wheel wells that you will be immediately immobilized. Now you are stuck somewhere on the trail with a 7,000 pound anchor that doesn’t roll. Good luck getting your truck to budge without damage.

Here at Lucky 8 we’ve teamed with Proud Rhino to remove that Con from the list altogether by creating the bump-stop spacer kit. When the airbags let go, these spacers will be in place to keep your truck from completely sinking to the ground and leave you enough wiggle room to be able to roll out of the woods, or parking lot, or wherever your Land Rover decides to fail.

These spacers have been rigorously tested here @ Lucky 8 on our Project LR3. Some of you may have seen them on the truck at some of the events across the country we tested them at and we can truly say that this is a must-have for anybody who runs the larger tires. Not only are these essential when running the larger tires, but they also provide a more comfortable ride when running a lifted truck. The lift rods essentially trick the airbags into filling with more air. This gains height on the vehicle, but it also stiffens the bag and creates a hardened ride. With these spacers the truck will remain lifted with your rods but the bags will not have to inflate as much, leaving more room for the air spring to do it’s job and create a more comfortable experience for everyone in the truck.

For pricing and more info please have a look on our site.

http://lucky8llc.com/Search.aspx?Manu=Proud Rhino

unnamed-26.jpgunnamed-29.jpgunnamed-30.jpgunnamed-32.jpg

Attachments

• unnamed-31.jpg
    unnamed-31.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 202

perkj

Explorer
are the lift rods required for the use of these spacers or can the spacers be used without the lift rods? I run Cooper Zeons in a 285/60/18 and they don't require lift rods to run them, however I would like the peace of mind should the airbags deflate on me.

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Wow this is very cool and long over due. These may have made me keep my Range Rover sport. Besides the huge bonuses mentioned above, the smoother ride due to less air in the bags would have been awesome. Well done, we look forward to seeing these on more trucks!

Fivespddisco

Supporting Sponsor
are the lift rods required for the use of these spacers or can the spacers be used without the lift rods? I run Cooper Zeons in a 285/60/18 and they don't require lift rods to run them, however I would like the peace of mind should the airbags deflate on me.

Lift rods are not required.
We offer a few different kits at multiple price points to help people have that peace of mind.

Fivespddisco

Supporting Sponsor
Wow this is very cool and long over due. These may have made me keep my Range Rover sport. Besides the huge bonuses mentioned above, the smoother ride due to less air in the bags would have been awesome. Well done, we look forward to seeing these on more trucks!

Thank you for the kind words!

perkj

Explorer
what is the installation looking like for this? Do you just need to unbolt from the upper strut tower and slide it in or do you need to pull the entire strut/bag assembly out? For mounting the straps, do they use existing bolt points or do you need to drill some new mount holes?

Finally, is it correct to assume that adding only the space (without the lift rods) that the LR3 will be lifted by the number of inches of the spacers, thus you will lose the ability to run the LR3 at the stock height?

Fivespddisco

Supporting Sponsor
what is the installation looking like for this?

I can do the kit in approximately 2-3 hours on a lift if everything comes apart easily.

Do you just need to unbolt from the upper strut tower and slide it in or do you need to pull the entire strut/bag assembly out?

I find it is easier to pull the entire bag out to do the job. It is only one extra bolt.

For mounting the straps, do they use existing bolt points or do you need to drill some new mount holes?

They use existing mounting points. No new holes need to be made.

Finally, is it correct to assume that adding only the space (without the lift rods) that the LR3 will be lifted by the number of inches of the spacers, thus you will lose the ability to run the LR3 at the stock height?

The spacers do not lift the truck at all. If you left them on a stock truck it would still sit at stock height.

perkj

Explorer
The spacers do not lift the truck at all. If you left them on a stock truck it would still sit at stock height.

interesting...I must not be understanding completely. I would have thought adding these spacers push the ensure strut assembly down and thus raise the car as a result. am I correct to assume that the air system compensates and levels the car at stock height? Would love to see a picture showing where its installed.

Fivespddisco

Supporting Sponsor
interesting...I must not be understanding completely. I would have thought adding these spacers push the ensure strut assembly down and thus raise the car as a result. am I correct to assume that the air system compensates and levels the car at stock height? Would love to see a picture showing where its installed.

Keep in mind the airspring is not a constant height spring. The height is controlled by the height sensor telling the computer where the truck is sitting.

By putting spacers in the computer will still only lift the truck to the height dictated by the height sensor. The SYA kit is a lot more but in a nutshell think of it as a bump stop extension more than a spacer. I'll take a picture of the ones on the truck that was used and abused and VOT.

Ray_G

Explorer
This is a great idea. How does it ride with a truck with no rods, stock height? (i.e. presumption is less air in the bag to keep it at stock height).

For those sticking with air, going to larger tires, and wheeling the trucks this is a great trail sidestep for sure. Assumption is on the bump stops with spacers it still rides like a damn pogo stick when the air suspension craps out? Did it happen to you guys much at VOT this year?
r-
Ray

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94