New Product / James Baroud Tunnel Awning

Tunnel avaialability in the US???

Any idea when we will be able purchase these for our tents in the US? I have an EVO XXL and would love to have the tunnel for 'weather' option.

Sorry guys, it has been super busy around the shop and i'm slacking on my EP updates! :(

The tunnel awning has finally gotten the approvals we needed and is ready to go! We have been testing one personally for the past few months and it is sweet. We will have an official launch this coming month and awnings are already headed to dealers.

The awning can be fitted to any James Baroud tent, the kits include all needed parts even the adhesive and gun! The instructions are also super clear and will allow anyone to fit this kit to their tent, new or old.

Yes!! This is awesome. I've been looking for this for a while now. How do I go about purchasing this set up? Possible Group Buy???

So the awning mounts to the tent structure and not a roof rack? Got more pics of that?
Not Rin, but I'm 99% sure you're mixed up here. There are two pieces in play: the awning (with the pre cut hole), and the tunnel. The awning mounts below the tent to a rack like you'd expect, and the tunnel slips onto the tent through channels and velcros to the top of the awning.

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
Awesome update, Rin.

Excuse me if this is a pedantic question - but when you say the tunnel can be fitted to any JB tent, this includes the Space with its wonky door opening shape?
We have Space style tunnels landing in April, I have not seen one yet but very excited.

Is it possible to get just the tunnel piece on its own?
Yes, it will need some awning to attach to but could be a DIY piece if that is what you are looking for.

Rin,

What size is the awning? Will there be options for one to fit the regular size or the XXL size?
We have 2000mm and 2500mm sizes available, but only a few 2000mm remaining in stock. We have been slow to push this as we have only been able to have limited quantities on our containers. Full production has started however and we are aiming to have them in stock after May.

Interesting, so you have to cut a hole in your awning?

It's pretty stupid to not make awnings the same length as the tent though if you ask me. I've never understood the thinking of JB. It seems like they make a lot of poor decisions that hold them back from really dominating the industry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, the awnings come with the "flap" that you can close or open to attach the tunnel.

Interesting idea, we are always open to suggestion. Our 2m awning is 1" shorter than our standard tents, our XXL tents are 90" so the larger awning would only be about 10" bigger versus the current 19".

But if you have some suggestions for us to rule the world, please always feel free to shoot them my way and I will share them with James Baroud HQ. ;)

rino

No cutting a hole if you buy the awning designed to work with the tunnel - euro websites have both flavors in both 2m and 2.5m tent.
Correct!

2X. Just got a Baroud space and would be interested in this option too..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They will be landing in April / May, contact your dealer of choice to get one pre-ordered for you they sell out quickly.

Any idea when we will be able purchase these for our tents in the US? I have an EVO XXL and would love to have the tunnel for 'weather' option.
The 2m awnings are in stock at the moment for the Explorer, Evasion, Grand Raid and Evasion XXL. The Space and Space XXL are inbound for April / May.

Yes!! This is awesome. I've been looking for this for a while now. How do I go about purchasing this set up? Possible Group Buy???
Contact your local dealer and they can get one ordered up or held for you on an incoming shipment. :)

Have you been able to get one of these? I have an Evo Explorer and could greatly use this!
Yes and they are sweet! Planning my setup on my JKU to use on this season!

rino

So the awning mounts to the tent structure and not a roof rack? Got more pics of that?
I really need to get this up, i will try my best to get our crew to do a video.

Not Rin, but I'm 99% sure you're mixed up here. There are two pieces in play: the awning (with the pre cut hole), and the tunnel. The awning mounts below the tent to a rack like you'd expect, and the tunnel slips onto the tent through channels and velcros to the top of the awning.
Spot on! :)

I really need to get this up, i will try my best to get our crew to do a video.

Spot on! :)
Thanks! It almost looks like the awning itself is mounted to the bottom structure of the tent in the pic! Back to figuring out brackets that will work on my INTI with the RTT in place!

I recently got one of these, its amazing! I have ghetto-rigged my current cheap awning to work with it as I couldn't afford the matching JB awning. I fitted the track with marine sikaflex and it seems to be holding up fine. It was purchased through the JB reps in Tasmania, Australia for those wondering where I am located.

Attachments