D45

Explorer
Front bumper rusting badly

Rear bumper starting to rust

Inner lip of the tailgate is also rusting

****** Ford!

D45

Explorer
You said you bought it used. Was it a salt/rust belt truck?

Yes It was used with 17,000 miles on it

It was from Michigan......I have never had a Dodge truck rust this fast in these areas

Ford told me it's not a warranty issue, unless the rusted area has a hole through it......pathetic

Not just my truck either, I know many F150 owners with junk painted and rusted front and rear bumpers

D45

Explorer
When are you going to dump this? More importantly, what are you going to buy?

No idea, when I find something worthwhile that I am happy with

I need to remove all the accessories I installed on the truck , to help recoup some funds from this poor decision purchase

Likely will be a Ram 2500 with the 6.4

Just need to figure out if I want rear coils or rear leaves

D45

Explorer
Just did another oil change on the truck, suck a poor design and PITA

Truck has 72,000 miles on it

Clunking noise is still there

I have massive battery corrosion that keeps coming back on the positive side, even after a thorough cleaning

Duratracs have 57,000 miles on them, not sure they will make it another 3-4 months. I'm looking for a used set.

Sounds like I have an alternator or turbo whine lately

Not sure the front bumper will make it through the winter and fall off. Rusted so badly

Clips holding the fabric undercarriage shield all rusted out and I lost the shield and this oil change. All the clips disintegrated and I am not buying new clips. Terrible design

Can't wait to have the truck paid off next year and sold.

jmnielsen

Tinkerer
Fumoto oil drain valve makes changes much easier. I've got large hands and arms and don't have an issue with getting the filter on or off. Could it be a better design? Yes.

I thought I had a turbo whine a while back, turns out a stud broke on the manifold and there was a leak that was causing it. Once up to operating temp it seals up due to the metal expansion. Just something to check out.

I'm surprised to hear about your rust issue. Mine is originally a Canada truck and haven't had any issues with rust (been in Nebraska since it left Canada).

D

Deleted member 9101

Fumoto oil drain valve makes changes much easier. I've got large hands and arms and don't have an issue with getting the filter on or off. Could it be a better design? Yes.

Drain valves are awesome!!!

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
Just caught up with this thread and your rust issue is not a Ford issue, its a "been in Michigan" issue. That state is HORRIBLE for that kind of thing. I grew up there and my dad had a winter beater that he drove most of the winter so that he didn't care about the rust or if he slid off into a ditch.

Apply fluid film in the late summer/early fall and you'll have at least a small amount of protection on your next vehicle.

Hopefully you can ditch it and move on soon.

D45

Explorer
How does a 2019 Ram Rebel (rental) with the 5.7L Hemi get 17 mpg and my 3.5L Eco gets 13.5-15.5 mpg?

Ecoboost is so over rated!!

On a side note, I will say that the Rebel feels very underpowered and the trans shifting feels terrible

D45

Explorer
Just caught up with this thread and your rust issue is not a Ford issue, its a "been in Michigan" issue. That state is HORRIBLE for that kind of thing.

I will agrue that it is a Ford issue

I know numerous F150s owners with rusted out junk painted bumpers. Most were bought new and were never in Michigan

Some of these truck also are garage stored and detailed and pampered.

My truck was in Michigan for only 17,000 miles

phsycle

Adventurer
How does a 2019 Ram Rebel (rental) with the 5.7L Hemi get 17 mpg and my 3.5L Eco gets 13.5-15.5 mpg?

On a side note, I will say that the Rebel feels very underpowered and the trans shifting feels terrible

Uh, don't you think those two are related? Newer vehicles are programmed for maximum MPG. They'll upshift quicker to save gas. Maybe this is what you're noticing.

D

Deleted member 9101

Something is either wrong with your truck or your right foot if your fuel economy is bad with an Ecoboost.

Also, I get 24-25 mpg at 70mph with my EcoBoost. Lifetime average over 38,000 miles is 21.

I had a 2014 3.5, 4x4, Screw on ATs that got 19 at 70.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior