New roof racks for Discovery I & II from Bajarack

BajaRack

Observer
We want to introduce to the Overland community our new series of roof racks for the Discovery I and II, these racks have been in development for the past 2 years, in that time they have been tested, modified and exposed to different terrains in North America and Europe. It all started with a low profile model where the factory side roof rails needed to be removed. Most customers don't want to hassle with this concept so we decided to make a high profile version that would go over the factory rails making the rack very tall.
One of our engineers proposed a design that would go around the factory rails and make the rack low profile and compatible with both sun roofs, this new design is unique and will be featured at the Overland EXPO this coming April, we have applied for US and Foreign patents on this new design:

LRD1ISO.jpg

LRD1Front.jpg

LRD1TOP.jpg

BR-LRD1-1-0-Low-Res-1.jpg

BR-LRD1-1-0LowRes-3.jpg

BR-LRD1-1-0-Low-Res-4.jpg

BR-LRD1-1-0-Low-Res-5.jpg

Discovery II EXP (Roof Top Tent Version)

LandRoverDiscoII-EXP-1.jpg

These items will be uploaded on our site by the end of the week and will include the following models:

BR-LRD1-1-0 Land Rover Discovery I rack (side front rails don't need to be remove). Outside frame measurements 92" long x 59" wide (This rack comes as one piece). Finish Zinc primer with black powder coating. All mounting brackets (8) included. Price $875.00 plus shipping

BR-LRD1-EXP-1-0 Land Rover Discovery I rack (side front rails don't need to be remove). Outside frame measurements 92" long x 59" wide. Flat area for Roof Top Tent measures 45" long x 53" wide (This rack comes as one piece). Finish Zinc primer with black powder coating. All mounting brackets (8) included. Price $825.00 plus shipping

BR-LRD2-1-0 Land Rover Discovery II rack (side front rails don't need to be remove). Outside frame measurements 97" long x 59" wide (This rack comes as one piece). Finish Zinc primer with black powder coating. All mounting brackets (8) included. Price $890.00 plus shipping

BR-LRD2-EXP-1-0 Land Rover Discovery II rack (side front rails don't need to be remove). Outside frame measurements 97" long x 59" wide. Flat area for Roof Top Tent measures 49" long x 59" wide (One piece rack). Finish Zinc primer with black powder coating. All mounting brackets (8) included. Price $850.00 plus shipping

These products can be purchased directly from us or from our distributors.

LtFuzz

Explorer
Dude, nice. As a D1 owner shopping for roof racks this is definitely on my list of considerations. The price is right, too.

I like how you followed the lines of the Disco roof; this reminds me of the increasingly hard to find SD and CT racks.

Much more flattering than the Hannibal style, IMO.

Can the front "Baja Rack" air-dam thing be removed?

LandyAndy

Adventurer
Nice looking racks..... would be #1 on my list if I hadn't purchased a custom Rover Rack 6mths ago.... oh well.. maybe for the wife when we get her a D2 also.

Antichrist

Expedition Leader
Looks nice and a very competitive price. Not much more than what used SD racks go for.
With the close spaced bars one might not even need to add flooring.
The only thing that might stop me from getting one for our other disco is that your web site really sucks. You don't need flash to sell racks.

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
Looks nice and a very competitive price. Not much more than what used SD racks go for.
With the close spaced bars one might not even need to add flooring.
The only thing that might stop me from getting one for our other disco is that your web site really sucks. You don't need flash to sell racks.

agreed. When your website is your storefront, having a bad website is like locating your store in the middle of a bad neighborhood next to a liquor store.

lol.

Honestly, I don't even go to bajarack's website anymore, I go to sierra expeditions...they have all the pertinant info including pics that match the product, dimensions, etc.

RabidRover

Observer
What are the racks rated for weight capacity wise? Nice rack - wish it was available last year before I bought my current rack :mad:

DarthBeaver

Adventurer
Might change what I had in mind for purchase this year!...

I do agree with the comments on flash though.. saw this post on my ipad, went to the site, and blech. had to go to the desktop to view... :(

DarthBeaver

Adventurer
the RTT version is very interesting. After looking at the various resellers and the bajarack.com website though I did notice that there was not "RTT mounting" kit, like with frontrunner. is that something you will be looking at?

RBBailey

Observer
I've seen your racks on a DII, up close, know the guy who bought it.

Very good stuff -- THE alternative to an SD rack.

In fact, probably better than an SD. The SD may have that pure Rover look, but I'm betting this is a more usable rack.

I've owned four SD's, have one on my DII right now.

The web site isn't bad, but it really could use some simplification and focus.

BajaRack

Observer
I loved the honesty of this community I just busted laughing when I saw this comment “having a bad website is like locating your store in the middle of a bad neighborhood next to a liquor store” we are finally changing the web site and comments like these will put a fire under the programmers butt to do it this coming week, we were going to keep flash for the pictures tough.
Below are some answers to the questions we have received by e-mail and the forum:
The rack is rated at 600lb dynamic 900 static (for those interested in the Roof Top Tent model)
Our RTT version does include a kit to mount the following tents Howling Moon , EZ Awn, Camping Lab, ARB, Mombasa and Maggiolina.
These hybrid rack are not available yet in our European location, we will include them in the next container.
Below are some pictures of our previus low profile rack that looks very similar to these new models.
LandRoverDiscoI-EXP-2.jpg

LandRoverDiscoI-EXP-3.jpg

LandRover-Disco1-LowRes.jpg

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
And I'd like to retort, Sergio, that I don't waste my time commenting on vendor's or products that aren't top shelf. You bring a solid product and great customer service to the table.

Here's hoping y'all have an excellent 2011!

-B

p.s. great pics, right there, too! I'd love to get a rack that mounts like that, on my XJ, rather than with loadbars...

Antichrist

Expedition Leader
we were going to keep flash for the pictures tough.
That's the problem with way too many companies. They want to have a cool web site, making coolness more important than sales or providing information.

Think about it; how many people do you think would say to themselves, "Screw this, their web site doesn't use Flash and isn't rad, so I'm not going to buy anything of theirs"?

Compare those numbers with the people who get annoyed with things like flash used for no reason, (there are a very limited number of situations where it's the better choice) useless scripts, clutter and general difficulty navigating who just give up.

A lot of people block flash, and more are starting to. Your site is next to impossible to navigate without it. Using flash like that is as nearly as bad as the "Best viewed with Internet Explorer" notices that were once so popular.

Make sure all links work, if they don't, don't have them, like the overseas and adventures links that don't work.

One good thing I saw was the list of links at the upper left corner, easy to read, noticeable and simple.
But two links are notably missing. "Products" and "Where/How to buy". :Wow1: You do want to sell your racks, right?

If you still insist on using flash, at least make it possible for people who block it to find what you're selling and how to buy it. And test your site with flash and scripts from external sites (like the one from addthis.com that you use) blocked to see if people can find what they need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz