New Shoes on the 109

ginericLC

Adventurer
I just bought some new take off Bridgestone U Groove 7.5/16s for the 109 Diesel. It is so much happier now as it had 255/85/16s. 4th gear and the overdrive are actually usable again :) It is coming together nicely a few more little things and it should be done as far as I'm going to take it. It was a nice night tonight so I drove it out to UPS to ship some packages and took some backroads coming home. People sure do look at you strange when you drive this thing and I'm not even steering on the wrong side.

Attachments

• roversnewshoes 013 (Large).jpg
    roversnewshoes 013 (Large).jpg
    88 KB · Views: 19
  • roversnewshoes 001 (Large).jpg
    roversnewshoes 001 (Large).jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 20
  • roversnewshoes 008 (Large).jpg
    roversnewshoes 008 (Large).jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 22
  • roversnewshoes 009 (Large).jpg
    roversnewshoes 009 (Large).jpg
    108 KB · Views: 18

ginericLC

Adventurer
Last spring. I have mixed feelings about it. It is fun to drive but it is a pain to work on compared to my Land Cruisers. And I guess to be fair I've never owned a 1964 Land Cruiser, so some of it might be age related. There is something about it that makes you feel like you are on the edge of the world headed off into some unknown adventure and that is what I like about it. I'm not into the Land Rover scene and waiting for parts to come from the East Coast. Everything takes so long to get to Idaho. And there are so many things I consider foreign as things are just enough different than a Toyota that they drive me nuts.

ginericLC

Adventurer
For the coast of the ROAM brakes I'd just put Land Cruiser axles under it. It was hard resisting doing that. I wanted to keep it original though. And now that the brakes are 100% new: master, lines, hoses, all the wheel cylinders, etc... and bled I think they are OK. It is funny though when I drive it for a a day or two and then switch to my stock FJ40 Land Cruiser I almost launch myself through the windshield in the 40. Power brakes and discs up front. It is a completely different feel in the pedal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94