New stuff goin on

riverfever

Adventurer
I've finally been getting around to fixing up my Jeep a bit. This is where it was about a month ago when I was running 31's and 4.5" lift.
6h3vi1w.jpg

I really needed new tires in a bad way and most of my steering components were trashed as well. So here it is now with 33" MT's and Rock Crawler wheels.
6bb06ly.jpg

I researched the ZJ steering swap but found it to be pretty darn close to what the Currie HD stuff was going to run me. I am super glad I went with the Currie unit. It's so freakin' big. Definitely a nice setup.
4vfovg9.jpg

My trackbar was trashed too so I went ahead and ordered an RE HD. My manifold was also cracked and since I was going to be down for a bit while the Currie and RE stuff was shipping, I decided to order a header and take that apart. I tore into it the night I ordered an APN unit only to get call the next morning that it was on BO. :oops: So...that should be here in a few days.
4ozi0p3.jpg

-Chris

Last edited:

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
The Currie steering is nice, but remember that it is not indestructable. Don't ask me how I know.

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader
goodtimes said:
The Currie steering is nice, but remember that it is not indestructable. Don't ask me how I know.
Yep and keep an eye on the track bar. My buddy has managed to tear the eyes out of two and broke the mounts off the body a couple of times as well with similar lift.

riverfever

Adventurer
Rockcrawler said:
Do you have some mitosis going on there??? TWO white XJs????

Looks good btw! :wings:

Guilty as charged. The other's a 2001 Limited with 60K and it never gets used. I back it out of the garage once in a while so it gets some sun but that's about it.

Fergie

Expedition Leader
Just a thought, those Currie TREs are proprietary, and cannot be found at normal stores.

Buy at least 1 ea of the RH/LH versions to have as spares, so you arent stranded.

riverfever

Adventurer
Fergie said:
Just a thought, those Currie TREs are proprietary, and cannot be found at normal stores.

Buy at least 1 ea of the RH/LH versions to have as spares, so you arent stranded.

Thanks Fergie...good idea.

Also...I need to ask if you had issues with a CSF rad? DJ was over yesterday and I was telling him about my leaky, one year old CSF. He said you had a smiliar issue and went with a Modine. Is this true? Dirk (DPG) wants me to pull the rad and send it back for inspection but I don't want to be down a vehicle for a week or 2 so I thought about buying a Modine and then selling that replacement CSF.

Fergie

Expedition Leader
riverfever said:
Thanks Fergie...good idea.

Also...I need to ask if you had issues with a CSF rad? DJ was over yesterday and I was telling him about my leaky, one year old CSF. He said you had a smiliar issue and went with a Modine. Is this true? Dirk (DPG) wants me to pull the rad and send it back for inspection but I don't want to be down a vehicle for a week or 2 so I thought about buying a Modine and then selling that replacement CSF.

CSF left me with a bad taste...but Dirk had decent service.

My first CSF had a mis-formed filler neck so the cap wouldnt seal, and the second one had a broken tube from the get go.

The HD 2-core modine I bought from Napa was great, and has a lifetime replacement warranty. Make sure you get a metal tank version, not the plastic one, as GDI has bought Modine.

wADVr

Adventurer
With all the bad history that GDI left I would be worried about the newer Modine stuff. I have been running the CSF for a few years now and am VERY happy with it. That and a 180* stat. It never even gets to 210* unless I am really, really hard on it on a hot day.

riverfever

Adventurer
T&A-XJ said:
With all the bad history that GDI left I would be worried about the newer Modine stuff. I have been running the CSF for a few years now and am VERY happy with it. That and a 180* stat. It never even gets to 210* unless I am really, really hard on it on a hot day.

The temps are not what discourages me about my CSF. It's the leak it has sprung on the bottom of the tank below the petcock. the more I research this, the more stories like it I'm hearing not only about the originals but also the replacements too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz

Members online