New Subie!

Rosco862003

Adventurer
Sorry to hear that man, I was looking forward to see the progress of your car being that ours were identical. We're you looking to remain with a vehicle suited to back roads?

Laxaholic

Adventurer
Yeah, I am just unsure on which way to go. It's a shame, because I enjoyed that vehicle. With my college budget, I am not as into "offroading" as I once was. But, I do use my vehicle. Any suggestions?

Needs:
MPG - it's not a huge deal, but I did love getting over 25 to the gallon, left money in my pocket to do other things.
Room - enough room for gear and 4 people. (the roof is fine for boards/etc.)
Uses - Needs to be able to take my snowboarding in the winter and tow my Hobie 16 during the warmer months. Also needs to be able to haul 1-2 bicycles.
Wants - comfortable on the road, cool factor with some fun, drives well. RELIABLE.

My budget is around 15,000$, but is subject to change. Saving money is always good.

I like 4runners, but they are behind in the MPG category as well as driving dynamics. But do well with all else.
I had considered an Outback, but are they really cool? Nah. Outbacks kinda lead the wagon segment. (beat out the TDI Sportwagen, and the Audi Allroad.)

Attachments

• hobie 16.jpg
    hobie 16.jpg
    334.3 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Rosco862003

Adventurer
Outbacks are awesome and wer first on my list, but I couldn't find one in a 5 speed with the mileage I wanted.. They make the XT version which would please the speed demon in you, while also offering >8" of clearance..win win in my book. Good luck with the search.

Hondaslayer

Adventurer
Weight of the boat and trailer?

IIRC it is rated at 2,000 lbs and 200lbs tongue weight.

We hauled our pop up camper 1,900lbs + gear with our N/A 98 Forester. Power wise it was fine, the XT will be better!

Laxaholic

Adventurer
Boat weighs around 400, which makes it fast! 29 foot mast, on an approx 16.5ft boat. Trailer is a single axle little thing, so not heavy.

Laxaholic

Adventurer
Well, Subie has since been wrecked be my younger brother.

Bought a 1997 2.7litre 5spd 4x4 4runner, in white...looks great. drives well, good mpg.
wonder if i can add in the seat heaters to it?

Laxaholic

Adventurer
Still driving the 4Runner, but mileage makes me miss a Subaru. Get just over 20mpg every tank, so it's not horrible. I did also end up buying a little Honda Rebel to drive around as well, but it's time that it goes.

4Runner has just over 213,000mi now, and running like it's brand new. Haven't had to do anything except change the oil, and add fuel.

-J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94