New to campers and surprised by the high prices. How come a camper is half the cost of a car?

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
Forest river sells a couple similar campers. The floor is made of unpainted OSB and it’s exposed to the elements/ tire spray etc. I wonder how long before they rot, 7-8 years?
Sad thing is they’re still about $25k.

Alloy

Forest river sells a couple similar campers. The floor is made of unpainted OSB and it’s exposed to the elements/ tire spray etc. I wonder how long before they rot, 7-8 years?

I had to go though item by item when my buddy was looking for a trailer. "Undercoating" (black paint) covering the OSB didn't sway him but the vynil flooring that ripped like paper sure did.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
The Hilux is rated to carry more which may be important for liability reasons. A Tacoma with a pop-up camper is most likely going to be over weight. Pretty much every midsize truck is rated to carry more than a Tacoma. Not as big a deal in the US but it can be an issue in other countries. Hilux is also offered in diesel but that has its own problems. Honestly if you're still 9 years out I wouldn't commit to a truck yet. There may be better options.
Lol the new Honda Civic has a higher payload than the Tacoma

billiebob

Two categories of ppl would pay 75K for Bruder: Morons/ppl who have no respect for their money or for the time spent to earn it and rich ppl. Place yourself where you think you belong.
Your missing the HUGE market. People buy expensive things because interest rates are low and lenders are willing to take he risk. Manufacturers benefit from that easily accessible cash too but to pay the interest, pay wages, WCB, overhead, lease a manufacturing facility, buy some liability insurance, purchase the tools to build that overland trailer with all the bells and whistles..... all done thru financing.... and make a healthy profit, they need the current retail price.

if you don't think it is worth it, don't buy it. Manufacturers have 6-12 month waiting lists with deposits PAID. A no sale is a joke.

The canadian one is all metal
How do you know Bruder and OGT is an apple to apples comparison?
Do I care ...as far as I am concerned Bruder is the passion fruit.... ?
Bought by ppl passionate about these things.
There is to categories of ppl who get these from purpose perspective...some buy them because like gear and maybe extreme overlanding but there are others who want them to take them fro A to B in a safe way..the inside frills are just that...frills

calicamper

Expedition Leader
The other way to look at it. When you roll up in a rig that 99.999999% of the world can’t afford. You’ll need your own security force to keep the commoners from stripping it when your out hiking in your $500 boots lol.

Thats why I spend money on property and try to fly under the radar on my transportation ?
Buy a used F350 toss a used slide in on it and just go.

rruff

Explorer
.... lenders are willing to take the risk.

2008 should have proved to everyone that lenders don't actually take any risks... :ROFLMAO:

If anyone thinks campers are overpriced, just look at the housing market. All that "free" money printing has sent asset prices sky high.

Any company that needs to hire low-medium wage labor is having trouble... still. Too many former workers still on the covid dole. And why not? It pays better and you don't need to go to work... :unsure:

Mickey Bitsko

Adventurer
Op, your looking to buy in 9years? You have a looong time to find what you're looking for. In the meantime you can figure out what will work and fit your needs.
Doesn't do much good to bellyache now.

The other way to look at it. When you roll up in a rig that 99.999999% of the world can’t afford. You’ll need your own security force to keep the commoners from stripping it when your out hiking in your $500 boots lol.

Thats why I spend money on property and try to fly under the radar on my transportation ?
Buy a used F350 toss a used slide in on it and just go.
This is a very valod point and I always asked myself what do they do when they need to hike the area where they are camped or see the city they are in in less rich countries where your vehicle stands out

calicamper

Expedition Leader
This is a very valod point and I always asked myself what do they do when they need to hike the area where they are camped or see the city they are in in less rich countries where your vehicle stands out
The more beat up the better!! Save the “I’m wealthy advertising” for the dinner parties with valet parking and security staff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior