New to me 2000 KLR650

blatant

Adventurer
Hey clark, once I buy the kit from eagle mike I'll take you up on it. You'll earn a new person to ride with and a bite to eat and beverages of your choice at the brewery (or where ever else)

If you get down to the valley at all holler!

Clark White

Explorer
Well I have been much remiss in posting pictures of my KLR, but until this week I haven't actually done a whole lot to it since last posting. I finally received my crash bars and installed them, though it took some grinding away on the skid plate because they were not thoughtful enough to make the crash bars compatible with other manufacturers skid plates.

Normally the skid comes up around the generator housing to protect it:
DSC03279.jpg

Crash bars:
DSC03281.jpg

DSC03283.jpg

While I was fiddling with packing options it occured to me that the lids of the Pelican's would make awesome tables if I had an adjustable way of holding them level. 4 Figure 9 rope gadgets and some para-cord and I have my tables :costumed-smiley-007
DSC03282.jpg

Clark

I just put the wal-mart seat cover on my DL650, and I totally snapped one of the buckles. I've got a work around, but as a warning take care of how much torque you put on those things.

Clark White

Explorer
where'd you get the pelican set up? I really like em and want to pick some up?

I had one of the cases already so I just purchased another from www.cases4less.com. Don't remember who makes the rack, I purchased it used but I know there are a few versions out there that are made specifically for the Pelican 1553 case.

I just put the wal-mart seat cover on my DL650, and I totally snapped one of the buckles. I've got a work around, but as a warning take care of how much torque you put on those things.

My room mate picked up one of the Wal Mart covers as well and ripped the whole rear strap off on a ride, we think he had it in such a way that the tire came up and grabbed it. No problems on mine, but I can definitely see them being weak.

Clark

Curtis in Texas

Adventurer
A little tip on the Wal Mart ATV Covers.

Remove the Bikes seat first.
Next, cut the buckles off the seat pad loops. (Do NOT cut the loops)
Use some cord or shoe laces through the now empty loops on the pad to tie the pad in place under the seat pan.
Replace the seat in itlocation's stock

The little buckles on the ATV pad will scratch the plastic side covers on a KLR because of their location.

Save the supplied ATV seat pad straps and get some replacement buckles to use them for securing tents and sleeping bags to the bike.:bike_rider:

A little tip on the Wal Mart ATV Covers.

Remove the Bikes seat first.
Next, cut the buckles off the seat pad loops. (Do NOT cut the loops)
Use some cord or shoe laces through the now empty loops on the pad to tie the pad in place under the seat pan.
Replace the seat in itlocation's stock

The little buckles on the ATV pad will scratch the plastic side covers on a KLR because of their location.

Save the supplied ATV seat pad straps and get some replacement buckles to use them for securing tents and sleeping bags to the bike.:bike_rider:

BRILLIANT!

Just found my 15min project for the week. :)

emohn

Observer
Awesome! I wish someone had mentioned that to me before I snapped my first two buckles on my pad. I'll be removing the rest of the straps/buckles this evening and using some para-cord to lace the pad onto the seat. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94