New to the portal/80-series junkie

Madcapwoodwright

Smallfzj80.jpg

Here she is in all her de-flared and de-running board glory.

My first Land Cruiser.

1994, 230+k on the clock, unlocked, poverty package, and a very proud, yet skittish new owner.

Such a great ride. Can not WAIT to get her baselined and start dialing her in for some "Glamping" if we can get some in before the snow flys.
I have been to iH8mud and my local TLC boards, but keep lurking here.

Aside from Rising Sun (my local to me Toyota club) this place really has the vibe I'm looking for. Was time to introduce myself and post a picture of Goldielocks.

Hi all!!

Wesley Crusher

Welcome! I'm new too. I recently purchased a 100 and I am loving the experience so far. Cruisers, in all their forms, are really awesome rigs.

Madcapwoodwright

Welcome! I'm new too. I recently purchased a 100 and I am loving the experience so far. Cruisers, in all their forms, are really awesome rigs.

Mr. Crusher!
Take us out of "mundane" speed and engage locked differential drive.....make it so!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Yes, I totally agree. The pickups were, while very light in comparison, very good off-road vehicles. Contrary to most I normally just used them stock, or very close to stock.
The Land Cruiser is an a whole other class. Just superb.
I don't rock crawlers or do any heavy four wheeling. Mainly I like to go deep into the wilderness, park, and then pack in to where we will camp

With advancing years, and lowering need for Alpine adventure, I forsee the TLC taking us deep into the hills, and being something of a house on wheels for us.

No need for a lift, though "maybe" sliders might be indicated. And the BFG's are plenty of tire for what I want to do.

Goldielocks is a DD for me, so I also have zero interest in beating the snot out of her.

Truth be told , since getting this one, I actually want another. Maybe a 60-series or another 80-series but earlier vintage. FE(?) Motor and the same bomb proof bus tranny I have in my 94 sounds like a great platform for a trail rig.

I digress.

Anyhow...two noobs with TLC's and our eyes on some adventure?

Wesley Crusher

Mr. Crusher!
Take us out of "mundane" speed and engage locked differential drive.....make it so!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Yes, I totally agree. The pickups were, while very light in comparison, very good off-road vehicles. Contrary to most I normally just used them stock, or very close to stock.
The Land Cruiser is an a whole other class. Just superb.
I don't rock crawlers or do any heavy four wheeling. Mainly I like to go deep into the wilderness, park, and then pack in to where we will camp

With advancing years, and lowering need for Alpine adventure, I forsee the TLC taking us deep into the hills, and being something of a house on wheels for us.

No need for a lift, though "maybe" sliders might be indicated. And the BFG's are plenty of tire for what I want to do.

Goldielocks is a DD for me, so I also have zero interest in beating the snot out of her.

Truth be told , since getting this one, I actually want another. Maybe a 60-series or another 80-series but earlier vintage. FE(?) Motor and the same bomb proof bus tranny I have in my 94 sounds like a great platform for a trail rig.

I digress.

Anyhow...two noobs with TLC's and our eyes on some adventure?

LOL! Another Trekkie, I see.

I'm with you. I think I'll throw on a pair of sliders, but my rig seems to be really capable already.

And it's funny that you want another one because I am in the same boat. I'd love a 60. I'd have to sell my weekend car to purchase another rig, but it has really been on my mind...

Madcapwoodwright

LOL! Another Trekkie, I see.

I'm with you. I think I'll throw on a pair of sliders, but my rig seems to be really capable already.

And it's funny that you want another one because I am in the same boat. I'd love a 60. I'd have to sell my weekend car to purchase another rig, but it has really been on my mind...
I just saw the sickest 60 last night at my local 4x4 Meetup. An 89(?), But had an LS 1 Chevy swapped in it. So sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior