New to us! Canvas Hillary Family Tent

TT-Tacoma

Observer
Just wanted to share these photos and my initial impression with this beauty I scored off Craigslist.

Love the size and ease of setup. It's going to make our lives sooooo much better when camping. We don't do a ton of actual overlanding... More car camping really. It will give us plenty of room for two cots, dog bed, and gear. Plus an eventual pack and play. Love the built in awning.

Really the only downside at this point is the pack size. We will have plenty of room in either vehicle to carry it plus other gear so not a huge deal. But it definitely packs a little bit bigger than our REI Half Dome 4. DSC_0632.jpegDSC_0633.jpegDSC_0634.jpeg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

TT-Tacoma

Observer
Really cool ! Not to be nosey but what's a tent like that go for?
Don't think you're nosey. I was thinking I should post the price so others on here know what they can be had for.

I got it for $75.00. It came with all the bits and poles that are in good shape. A couple of the loops have been replaced with stronger webbing. No holes I could find in floor, walls, roof, or screens.

They can get expensive, especially on eBay. But I can say they are well built. The way we figured for the price it's worth a shot. Springbars, Kodiak Canvas, etc all cost a lot more and are of the same concept.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles