New Toy!!

dcg141

Adventurer
How are you liking it? Full disclaimer - I'm from the R&D department at the factory where these are made. It's one of my favorite models. I have that exact same model & color in my garage.
So I officially brought winter to Mississippi when I bought this. I was going to wait till spring but I found a deal and decided to get one because it was hot as f way late into October so I though I will have a month of kayaking left before the weather turned. The day it came it was 30's and 3 days later it snowed for the first time in November here in a decade. 90+ and humid to snow in 2 weeks. So I have not gotten it on the water yet. My plans are to do some kayaking on the Mississippi with it and that can be a challenge in summer but is foolhardy in winter. I'm trying to find some guys that are experienced going down the Mississippi. The lower Mississippi is kind of it own beast as far a rivers go. Its a mile wide and runs as fast as whitewater in the main channel. But some of the very last real wilderness in Mississippi is along the river. I will get it in a lake soon to get used to it and its my first touring style boat so I need to get up to speed on self rescue. My roll is iffy at best. I did a lot of research before and chose it over a Karma RG. I will keep you posted and send some pics from my big river trips when they happen.

donmeredith74

Awesome! You'll love the boat. See if you have a paddling club nearby that schedules roll and rescue classes in an indoor pool. I'm in Greenville SC and can confirm that it's too cold to be fooling around in the water right now. Keep us posted and enjoy that kayak!

Explorerinil

Observer
So I officially brought winter to Mississippi when I bought this. I was going to wait till spring but I found a deal and decided to get one because it was hot as f way late into October so I though I will have a month of kayaking left before the weather turned. The day it came it was 30's and 3 days later it snowed for the first time in November here in a decade. 90+ and humid to snow in 2 weeks. So I have not gotten it on the water yet. My plans are to do some kayaking on the Mississippi with it and that can be a challenge in summer but is foolhardy in winter. I'm trying to find some guys that are experienced going down the Mississippi. The lower Mississippi is kind of it own beast as far a rivers go. Its a mile wide and runs as fast as whitewater in the main channel. But some of the very last real wilderness in Mississippi is along the river. I will get it in a lake soon to get used to it and its my first touring style boat so I need to get up to speed on self rescue. My roll is iffy at best. I did a lot of research before and chose it over a Karma RG. I will keep you posted and send some pics from my big river trips when they happen.
Sounds like allot of fun, I’ve been on the Mississippi on a Grumman canoe, that water does get moving fast! I’m eyeing a new Jackson either big rig or cuda.

dcg141

Adventurer
There is an outfitter in Clarksdale that has been mapping the river for canoe and kayaking. I'm going to pay them a visit and try to find someone to go out with that has experience on the river. I have seen eddies from the bank in places that would be measured in acres.

dcg141

Adventurer
Wow...very nice. So fast yet it turns so easily. You can feel the white water DNA. Its going to make a great Buffalo River multi day boat. I have a feeling you can surf the fool out this thing.

Last edited:

zelseman

Observer
Wow...very nice. So fast yet it turns so easily. You can feel the white water DNA. Its going to make a great Buffalo River multi day boat. I have a feeling your can surf the fool out this thing.
This is a perfect Buffalo River boat! I love that place, I need to get back there soon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles