New truck cap design available on Fords.

Clutch

<---Pass
Well shoot, should be perfect for those glorified grocery getters. *chuckle*

Gives it a smidgen of Dakar mall crawler poseur perhaps??? :)

dakar-car.jpg

Last edited:

F350joe

Well shoot, should be perfect for those glorified grocery getters. *chuckle*

Gives it a smidgen of Dakar mall crawler poseur perhaps??? :)

dakar-car.jpg
That actually might be the look they are going for except the RTT crowd might feel left out. Looking at the bed of the f150 I don’t think that thing is meant to haul much more than groceries. The whole bed is behind the rear axel.

02rangeredge

Adventurer
I've actually seen a few like that before on mid to late 90s silerados, by few I mean legitimately 2. I'm not a huge fan, it greatly limits bed space, it's only a little better than a tonneau cover. And unless you have crossbars on the cab leaves the roof unusable, or I suppose you could get a ladder rack to go over it and hold stuff but it would have to be standard cap height

ultraclyde

Observer
Seems like you get all the down sides of a full camper shell but none of the benefits. Kills visibility, can't get to anything in the bed, but still can't fit any more in the bed than you do under a hard tonneau like the one on the Shelby pickup above.

I guess if you had a pre-runner style bed front rack with a couple tires and fuel jugs it would keep them out of the elements, but that seems like making a problem to fit the solution.

Clutch

<---Pass
That actually might be the look they are going for except the RTT crowd might feel left out. Looking at the bed of the f150 I don’t think that thing is meant to haul much more than groceries. The whole bed is behind the rear axel.

They might get upset. Those 5' beds are basically open air trunks, so the fast back topper is fitting. For the guy who wanted who wanted a Mustang, but thought "yan know, the Mustang is really a chick car...what will people think of me? I need a big bulbous truck with a massive grill that will never see dirt...ahhhh, much better for the ego...and hun, it still kinda looks like a Mustang, schweeeet!"

Now, they might get mad for making fun of them....but if they bite their lip, and be tough, insults should roll right off that fast back, like water off a duck's back... :D

Next is the front clip conversion. Yahoo!

96e7e89728e0274f90c58c0b3b3994cb.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles