New Wrangler Unlimited Four Door as base for Exped Vehicle

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
The $9k you list is a sunk cost already for you it's not a future expense, the only thing you could compare it to would be current resale value in your sheet. Secondly, I don't believe (knocking on wood/head) you'll need a rebuild in 5 years, maybe 8-10.

Do you really need lockers? If so, that implies some pretty tough trails and are you actually going to take the new vehicle down said trails? Same with the other mods...

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
If you like the vehicle and you want to pay for it, do it. You will enjoy it and may have more time to explore and have fun. Instant gratification!

Like they say just do it!:sombrero:

durango_60

Explorer
pskhaat said:
The $9k you list is a sunk cost already for you it's not a future expense, the only thing you could compare it to would be current resale value in your sheet. Secondly, I don't believe (knocking on wood/head) you'll need a rebuild in 5 years, maybe 8-10 years

You make a good point, I think I'll milk the 80 another year, at least wait until the new unlimited has at least one model year under its belt. This whole concept of actually keeping vehicles more than 2-3 years is still new to me, I'm a recovering big time consumer...

Diesel Joe

Observer
Ive got a turbo charged Toyota 1HZ in my 1987 HJ60 Land Cruiser, but if I could get that four door Rubicon with a Cummins or Diamler CDI in it I'd sell the Cruiser.

picture.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior