New XJ that I picked up a few days ago!

intothewild

Adventurer
I have been without a Jeep for a couple years now, a few days ago I picked up this 1995 XJ and couldn't be any happier to have a Jeep in my life again. It's a 4.0/Auto, relatively low miles for the year, 140k. Pretty damn good shape overall, has a budget boost and 30x9.50s that will need to be replaced soon. Took her out this morning around Mt. Rainier Nat'l Park to give her a little test run! IMG_8389.jpgIMG_8411.jpgIMG_8385.jpgIMG_8396.jpg

intothewild

Adventurer
Plans for the most part are to keep it simple. Upgrade the cooling system, the charging system and brakes. Strengthen the weak links in the suspension. Eventually remove the BB and replace it with a correct 3.5" or so lift. I really like the 30x9.50 tire size that's on it and plan to stay around that size, 31's at most. Just want to go through the fundamentals so she's as sound as possible on multiple day back country trips.

intothewild

Adventurer
When I went to look at it, they hadn't driven it in a while - Fired it up and the AC Compressor was making noise and the heater control valve was leaking. Because of this I was able to get the price down to $1600 (Asking $2400) - 15 bucks for the heater control valve and some lube took care of the compressor clutch noise. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles