Next Question: Diesel vs. Gas F350

D

Deleted member 9101

You’re funny. You’re accusing him of doing exactly what you’re doing. Worshipping at the altar of the blue oval.

The key difference is I have data to back my opinion. He only has his opinion.

Also: I worship no manufacturer, I simply buy what works for me at the time of purchase.

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
You’re funny. You’re accusing him of doing exactly what you’re doing. Worshipping at the altar of the blue oval.

The key difference is I have data to back my opinion. He only has his opinion.

Also: I worship no manufacturer, I simply buy what works for me at the time of purchase.

You’re claiming your truck is on par with a 3/4 ton. Reading your posts you are kneeling to the blue oval. I’ll take my tundra over an f150 any day. But you can spend your money on whatever you want. I’ll give my money to Toyota.

Clutch

<---Pass
You’re claiming your truck is on par with a 3/4 ton. Reading your posts you are kneeling to the blue oval. I’ll take my tundra over an f150 any day. But you can spend your money on whatever you want. I’ll give my money to Toyota.

I like 'em both but for different reasons. Wish they would do something about the mileage on the Tundras. Or if they can't do anything about fuel consumption at least offer it in a 3/4-1 ton with a SFA.

Crew Max needs a 6.5 bed option too.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/just-differentials-toyota-tundra-crewmax-w-6-5-bed.880264/

QOHDXOJl.jpg

D

Deleted member 9101

False: I said that a properly equipped F150 is on par with older 3/4 ton trucks. The load carrying and towing capacities are very similar. The Tundra is rated to tow and haul less.... it's really simple. No need to be snide.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
The Tundra competed well with the 2010 f150 I had. But the f150 has moved on, and Toyota didn't get the memo.

Hopefully they come out with something unique soon, cause the new Gm and Dodge 1500's are out.

D

Deleted member 9101

The Tundra competed well with the 2010 f150 I had. But the f150 has moved on, and Toyota didn't get the memo.

Hopefully they come out with something unique soon, cause the new Gm and Dodge 1500's are out.

They do it with every vehicle. They wait until the competition has improved, then they make subtle changes. Toyota isn't about to completely redo something from the ground up... it would anger the loyalists.

Wallygator

Adventurer
I do agree that Toyota is taking a long time(over a decade) to redesign the current gen Tundra and other models, like the 4Runner. An everyone here has to admit that when the current Tundra came out it was a half ton game changer....As history shows, Toyota comes out with a design that will be relatively competitive for a decade, and then makes small refreshes from time to time. This saves them lots of money.

The new Tundra will be the same way I believe. When it comes out it will have a target on it's back and the big three will have to respond. It will also be around for a decade or more and after several years the big three will have caught up and will surpass it. Then the cycle will continue.

Ford changes designs and motors way sooner. They are able to do this because of the amount of market share (and profit) they have and because of their audience. People always want the latest and greatest. Problem is the latest is not always the greatest.

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
They sell the same amount every year. No matter what you claim. The tundra still has a bigger axle and bigger brakes. It wouldn’t be hard to increase the payload on the truck. Claim what you want. You are a loyal follower of ford.

Watt maker

I kinda like these things.

426_XLMTV-Pop-Out.jpg

RedSofaInt1.jpg

Who makes that trailer? I kind of like that design.

Dalko43

Explorer
False: I said that a properly equipped F150 is on par with older 3/4 ton trucks. The load carrying and towing capacities are very similar. The Tundra is rated to tow and haul less.... it's really simple. No need to be snide.

While it is perhaps true the F-150 is rated to carry payloads comparable to those of older 3/4 ton's, it is debatable whether the F-150's mechanical hardware is just as durable as that of the older HD's.

The F-150 frame, axles and overall chassis are somewhat tame compared to what you find underneath a 10-year old Ford or GM HD. I'm not saying the F-150 is poorly built or lacking longevity (the latter quality will be proven in time), but rather that it's not a true HD truck, either be modern standards or the standards from 10 years ago.

D

Deleted member 9101

They sell the same amount every year. No matter what you claim. The tundra still has a bigger axle and bigger brakes. It wouldn’t be hard to increase the payload on the truck. Claim what you want. You are a loyal follower of ford.

Yep... larger in diameter rotors and a longer stopping distance. Larger in diameter ring gear and rated to tow and haul less. So, how are those larger parts working out for you?

Keep calling me a "loyal follower of Ford "... it just shows that you have nothing to back up your claim other than snide remarks. The hilarious part is my previous truck was a 1st gen Tundra.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 9101

While it is perhaps true the F-150 is rated to carry payloads comparable to those of older 3/4 ton's, it is debatable whether the F-150's mechanical hardware is just as durable as that of the older HD's.

The F-150 frame, axles and overall chassis are somewhat tame compared to what you find underneath a 10-year old Ford or GM HD.

Bigger does not always equal better. Look in to the quality of the metal in an older F250 frame, now go do the same for a 2018 F150. 20.00 says the new F150 frame is built out of a higher strength steel.

You also are not taking into account that it's a fully boxed frame that is light years ahead of the older trucks when it comes to design and engineering.

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader

Yep... larger in diameter rotors and a longer stopping distance. Larger in diameter ring gear and rated to tow and haul less. So, how are those larger parts working out for you?

Keep calling me a "loyal follower of Ford "... it just shows that you have nothing to back up your claim other than snide remarks. The hilarious part is my previous truck was a 1st gen Tundra.

ok. You understand toyota is the most conservative company?

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader

The F-150 frame, axles and overall chassis are somewhat tame compared to what you find underneath a 10-year old Ford or GM HD.

Bigger does not always equal better. Look in to the quality of the metal in an older F250 frame, now go do the same for a 2018 F150. 20.00 says the new F150 frame is built out of a higher strength steel.

You also are not taking into account that it's a fully boxed frame that is light years ahead of the older trucks when it comes to design and engineering.

Oh boy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94