Next Question: Diesel vs. Gas F350

dreadlocks

. VRV was one of the first.
https://toyhaulersbyvrv.com

That trailer I pictured I "think" was these guys.

You can also buy that tip out bed by itself, and install it in your own trailer...or box truck yourself.

I like the tipout since it gains you a bunch of interior space.

http://www.mirageinc.com/bed-door-46-34-x-81-fold-out-tent

That VRV is nice, I got an Intech in this style (see sig) and I love it but they stopped making em, I'll point people that way who ask me where they can get one like mine.. Dual tip outs are great, feels very roomy since it becomes as wide as it is long.

lanceatm

Founder and CEO of EarthCruiser
Our truck was not running as happy as it normally does, it’s diesel. Changed the filter, still not happy. Long story short some genius (at a servo in Oregon , the driver is not allowed to fill there own tank in Oregon .) put GAS in our truck.
Not much GAS just enough to destroy filters and cause carnage of the pump.
This truck has taken us to some of the most remote places on our planet, with no issues what so ever.
Bottom line, can’t stop stupid gas or diesel.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
FYI, you can pump your own diesel in Oregon. Just not gas. Ive been doing it for years.

You can also pump your own gas, if filling something other than a traditional car or truck.
Motorcycles, custom hot rods, etc... by law also able to pump your own.

Clutch

<---Pass
That VRV is nice, I got an Intech in this style (see sig) and I love it but they stopped making em, I'll point people that way who ask me where they can get one like mine.. Dual tip outs are great, feels very roomy since it becomes as wide as it is long.

Looked up the Intech, those look quite nice. Really like the tip out bed options...makes the trailer quite versatile and roomy.

mr.unproductivity

I went through this decision over a period of about 2 years. I ended up with a CCLB F250 6.2 4x4. My payload capacity is 3000#, and I have two people and two 85lb+ dogs to carry. The dogs wouldn't fit well in the extended cab and having the 48 gallon tank in the CCLB has been great.

I took a 2000 mile trip to pick up my grandby shell and got 17.5 mpg avg unloaded and 15.2 mpg with the grandby (~1000 lbs). (hand calculated)

We're planning on taking the truck to South America and the diesel would be too much of a hassle. With current gas prices in my area it would take 12-15 years to pay for the 6.7.

Overall I have been very pleased with the truck thus far.
IMG_6911.jpg

Watt maker

MR. ED

Observer
17 mpg is awesome! I just hand calculated my empty 350 6.2 at 13. I was stoked because the computer was saying 12.

MR. ED

Observer
Since this is a gas vs diesel thread I'll share this little bit. I've got the '14 6.2. Tons of space in and around the motor. Wife has an '11 6.7. No space at all. Her belt was squeaking so I figured I'd throw one on for her. No dice! There is stuff everywhere. Talked with the local diesel fix it place and the guy said the easiest way is to take out the radiator to have better access to the belt and pulleys! Not sure if I'm ready to tackle that project just to change a belt. I need to do more research to see if that's the case. If you're not hauling a lot of weight go gas. Good luck.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Now do that belt in a muddy camp ground or road. No point in carrying a spare belt, if you can't change it in the field. I think the Ford guys have a long bar to snake it around everything, but your working blind in some spots.

The 6.2 is like working on a 1969 442. Plenty of room.

Wallygator

Adventurer
Since this is a gas vs diesel thread I'll share this little bit. I've got the '14 6.2. Tons of space in and around the motor. Wife has an '11 6.7. No space at all. Her belt was squeaking so I figured I'd throw one on for her. No dice! There is stuff everywhere. Talked with the local diesel fix it place and the guy said the easiest way is to take out the radiator to have better access to the belt and pulleys! Not sure if I'm ready to tackle that project just to change a belt. I need to do more research to see if that's the case. If you're not hauling a lot of weight go gas. Good luck.

I would think they would just lift the cab to change the belt wouldn't they? The truck cab is designed to come off so the motor can be serviced easier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz