Nissan Pathfinder SV (R51)

WMDunkin

Adventurer
Question, does anyone have pictures/knows where the front dif., t-case, trans breathers are? I found the rear dif. breath and it will be easy to extend with no special tools/fittings. I just can't seem to track down the front.

skibum315

Explorer
Assuming it's like the Xterra and Frontier (no reason to think it wouldn't be), the front diff breather is already run up to the area near the intake filter box, in the engine bay. Why they didn't do the same for the rear diff is a head scratcher, but it does give some peace of mind. The nipple on the front diff comes off the top side, and is pretty inaccessible when it's installed.

WMDunkin

Adventurer
Well the rear runs up near the wheel well. I will prob add a section to get it more out of the way/higher.

Jack Stilts

Subaru Ambassador
Any new updates on your Pathfinder? I'm going to be in the market for one in the next few months when I retire the Xterra. And my driveway will look like yours with a Pathfinder and Subaru :D

WMDunkin

Adventurer
I hit a deer a few months ago, so mods have been on the back burner. All is well other wise. I have done some off roading with Jeeps and Land Rovers and more then hung with what they were doing. I was even pulling out some Land Cruisers. I am still looking at getting my mod list done however my wife and I are looking very hard into a travel trailer. So not sure how far the off road mods will go. I will be heading down to overland expo east again this year and maybe running some local trails there. But as far as the pathy goes I am going to need brakes here shortly (85K) and I am going to do a full fluid flush (difs, radiator, trans, etc etc).

When looking for an R51 just get an 2009 or later. The 2005-2008 seem to of been the radiator/trans issue years. I haven't heard of any issues in the later ones really and mine is doing great.

Jack Stilts

Subaru Ambassador
I hit a deer a few months ago, so mods have been on the back burner. All is well other wise. I have done some off roading with Jeeps and Land Rovers and more then hung with what they were doing. I was even pulling out some Land Cruisers. I am still looking at getting my mod list done however my wife and I are looking very hard into a travel trailer. So not sure how far the off road mods will go. I will be heading down to overland expo east again this year and maybe running some local trails there. But as far as the pathy goes I am going to need brakes here shortly (85K) and I am going to do a full fluid flush (difs, radiator, trans, etc etc).

When looking for an R51 just get an 2009 or later. The 2005-2008 seem to of been the radiator/trans issue years. I haven't heard of any issues in the later ones really and mine is doing great.

See you at Overland East!

MicahB

Observer
the PRG Mini lift (2")

As someone who has a stock R51 that's looking to add a leveling kit, why spacers instead of replacement struts? Looking on thenissanpath it seems like everyone goes with struts but I'd be interested in your reasoning for the spacers.

Thanks for making this thread.

WMDunkin

Adventurer
As someone who has a stock R51 that's looking to add a leveling kit, why spacers instead of replacement struts? Looking on thenissanpath it seems like everyone goes with struts but I'd be interested in your reasoning for the spacers.

Thanks for making this thread.

mainly cost and KISS method. I have had good sucess with spacers before, also a mild build.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke