No longer dual purpose or AKA how to improve a 400 dollar lowes trailer

ce5c2b06b8063b1c37960e87ed1241ac.jpg

Started the loading tests

c1a81d325ad244f457ef4d4327c9f3a0.jpg

How it all started

sseaman

Adventurer
I've been measuring on trailer and found the front spring mount is 1/2" of from one side to the other, did you find anything like that on yours? I'm debating if it is worth cutting it loose or leaving alone for now.

After living out of my trailer for the last 5 days I can say I am very happy with the results.

on the build list is
1. Awning if I can finally pick one
2. Max Coupler
3. Longer tounge with a rack
4. Changing room.
4a. Was thinking I could sew up a couple pieces or material to make attach to the annex zippers to make a small changing room next to the ladder. Anyone done this?

Couple Pics from this weekend.

Prentice Cooper (11) by Oscar Indy, on Flickr

Prentice Cooper (8) by Oscar Indy, on Flickr

Shadow_otw

Yep...it's me
This looks awesome! I was getting ready to get rig of my little utility trailer and "upgrade" to a different one due to tire size, but now i'm rethinking that path. Very nicely done!

axle stretch isnt hard. what i did was cut the axle in half. took half to the steel yard. started test fitting it in all kinds of tube till i found a semi snug fit. because the axle has a slight bow to it i used a mallet to pop it into the tub till it was the right width. then you carefully measure around the hubs to make sure they are going to roll straight. then weld the ends in. and done.

Thanks. but like everything she is no where near complete.

max coupler waiting on me to replace the tongue with something compatible.
plus i want to add a cooler rack to the front as well.

Semi-Hex

Enfant Terrible
How do you like your outrigger/levelers on the rear of your trailer? I can't decide whether to get a setup like this or go with the two jack method. I want something that would tuck away when not in use or be able to level the rear of the trailer just using a ratchet strap.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz