Northwest MogFest 2010 update

jim molloy

Hello to all,

We are exactly one month away from the start of NWMF 2010.

From the invitation/RSVP responses we have had through the website, this year is going to be HUGE!!!

If you plan to attend, please go to: http://www.northwestmogfest.com/invite
and cruise through the RSVP process.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Hope to see many of you here in a month.

Take care.

Jim Molloy
Waldersee Farm
http://www.northwestmogfest.com
http://www.volvo4x4.com

Allroader

Observer
Hi There,

we'll we are only 1 year away from attending. :wings:

We should be going you in our MB 917 Truck on our trip through the US.

Just read the rules, dogs are not allowed. That would be bad news for us since we are traveling with him through the US. Any suggestions?

Wish you guys a great get together this year.

Mike, Nikki & Kids

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
I'll be there. Can't wait to spend some time in OR. Anybody else here going? THis is a great event!
I'll be there. The Molloy farm is one of the greatest venues you'll ever find for this sort of event. Regardless of whether you want to test your truck on an obstacle course, cruise around the field or swim in the river with your family, it's great. Go to the website to arrange your "invitation" and make plans for a fun long weekend. Highly recommended.

Last edited:

jammyauto

Adventurer
If there is anybody here from socal area who wants to go but does not want to drive thier volvo/pinz/syncro/404 etc that far but wants to attend please let me know. A friend of mine is arranging a semi car hauler round trip.Fly into PDX and your rig will be waiting for you at the mogfest. We'll even help you with rides to and from the airport. There is currently 1 possibly 2 spots remaining on the truck. Pricing is very reasonable.

762X39

Explorer
I took my first long trip in my new (to me) 35 year old 404 the spring after I got it.The trip was only 5000km and everyone was surprised when I answered their questions about preparation for the trip. Basically, I performed a complete fluid change, checked the brakes, upgraded the distributor and packed a couple of spare belts. My only woes on the whole trip was vapourlock on really hot days and 1 tank of bad fuel.My next long trip (again about 5000km) is coming up and other than basic maintenance I trust the Benz to make it.:coffee:

I hpoe to drive to Oregon in a few years but I will need a couple of months to make the trip worthwhile.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
kinda like trailering your bike to sturgis?
That is not putting much faith in those old trucks and vans.
Yeah, maybe, but you have to take into account that many of the trucks at NWMF were not designed to be highway vehicles. Not only is it tedious to get anywhere with a 48 mph cruise, but the components, particularly the transmission and the portals, were not designed for sustained "high-speed" running.

Kinda like whether it's a lack of faith to trailer your Hodaka Road Toad to Sturgis.

They'll also be a dozen or so extremely capable off-roaders that are not street-legal. All in all, I don't think the group trailer is a "poseur" thing; it's actually a pretty cool idea that could get some trucks to NWMF that otherwise couldn't attend.

Esmi

Explorer
If there is anybody here from socal area who wants to go but does not want to drive thier volvo/pinz/syncro/404 etc that far but wants to attend please let me know. A friend of mine is arranging a semi car hauler round trip.Fly into PDX and your rig will be waiting for you at the mogfest. We'll even help you with rides to and from the airport. There is currently 1 possibly 2 spots remaining on the truck. Pricing is very reasonable.

I may be able to offer a ride to anyone partaking in Seth's cool offer (or anyone else, for that matter).

My intent is to bomb up to Sheridan on Thur 8/19, leaving from San Looie Oh mid morning. I have a deal in Seattle following NWMF, so I cannot offer a ride back down until Sun, 8/29.

Last edited:

JRhetts

Adventurer
Wow! I guess I get to be the first post from NWMF 2010. This is our first attendance, and we got to try our FusoFM in the pits to assess its capabilities in some "uneven" conditions. This was GREAT FUN with terrific people!!!

At 22,000 lbs we did not try to navigate the deepest pits and tightest turns. But it was FUN playing in the off camber and the milder bumps!

Especial thanks to Jim and Emily Molloy. You are wonderful.

John & Tam

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 106
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 93
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Well, it's not our fault; we told you you should come. :sombrero:

It was my seventh or eighth NWMF, and I believe it was the best attended. There were so many cool vehicles there, it was almost like a car show. We had giant Unicat-level motorhomes down to tiny Haflingers and a Suzuki Carry and everything in between. More Westies, Synchros, and Westy Synchros than I knew existed, and about every version of Land Rover ever made. And, or course, Mogs of every size, including a 401 from about 1954. (And then there was the near-concours mid-60s Pontiac GTO who came to visit. Odd, but nice.)

All in all, very cool stuff and, as always, the facilities and organization at Waldersee Farm were top-notch. The Molloys, along with all of the Moggers they organize to put the place together in the preceeding week, deserve endless praise for this outstanding, one-of-a-kind, event.

Allroader

Observer
nexted year we will be there, .....................

One big Yellow MB 917 AF, can#t wait to load him on the ship and set sail.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Mogfest pictures

Many spiffy pictures have just been Interneted of assorted trucks at NW MogFest 2010, many playing in the obstacle pit. As Ryan posted to the Moglist:

We were fortunate to have our RC Rock crawling clubs 'Ace' photographer out
for Saturdays event. As usual, he delivered some awesome action pics of the
event! Check them out:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30965250@N05/sets/72157624721233931/

Thanks to Jeff for capturing the coolness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94