Norwegian Unimog U1700L camper build

So; we managed to bolt up the rear storage boxes and connect the rear lights. They will be removed again later on to be painted in the same colour as the supportframe. But it was nice to see that they fitted as planned.
Yesterday I took the beast out for a short spinn, just loosen up everything after months with the truck just standing still. -Everything worked fine:)

Again; sorry for the poor pictures, I really need tho get a better cameratoreplace my beaten up cellphone...

17475421_10154415461161297_1431718810_o.jpg 17474223_10154415460786297_1319984385_o.jpg

17473981_10154415461121297_14994921_o.jpg 17455138_10154415460886297_1953958853_o.jpg

17453646_10154415460791297_349296537_o.jpg 17454975_10154415461116297_1458325079_o.jpg

17453580_10154415460891297_324902812_o.jpg
 
Ok, so it’s been a while since the last update..
In April we bought a small old farm (buildings dating from aprox. 1850). So unfortunately, for the camper project, most of our time and money have gone into the restauration project of the house and the barn.

hus.jpg


But we have nevertheless managed to do some work to the Unimog in between all the house work:)

At the rear end of the camper box we installed a alu-plate to cover the sharp edge in the rear wall. Same type of plates will later on be installed to cover the outer seam between the floor plate and the lower plate of the rear wall. But this will have to wait until the rear storage boxes are disassembled again to have their final coat of painting.

IMG_3050.JPG IMG_3053.JPG

IMG_3051.jpg IMG_3058.jpg

IMG_3061.jpg

BTW, it can also be very handy to have a Unimog available when you have to do the garden work:

IMG_3068.jpg IMG_3070.jpg
 
In may I started on making the entrance door for the camper unit. This is made of the cut out from the sandwichplate and the edges on bot the cut out and the hole in the camper wall are then covered with 3mm aluminum profiles.
We still need to finish of the door frame with the sealing to make it watertight, and then paint the aluminum profiles so that they match the white color of the walls.

The door lock mechanism is from the German company KCT, way too expensive... But we really liked the 3-pin lock system, build quality and “slim fit look” when installed in the door, so we went “all in” on this one.

IMG_3034.JPG IMG_3035.JPG

IMG_3038.jpg IMG_3041.JPG

IMG_3044.jpg IMG_3045.jpg

More to follow tomorrow..
 
Last edited:
Next on the list was installation of the three side windows from Pabst Airtec, the installation progress was very straightforward, especially since the manufacturer of the sandwichplates already had prepared the cut-outs for where the windows should be installed. All windows where delivered with curtains and mosquito nets, but we will not install this until the rest of the interior in the cabin is assembled. The build quality and the finish of the windows seems to be of very high standard, and although not exactly cheap to buy, they are still a lot cheaper than windows from Outbound and KCT, which both have similar design.

DSC_8040JPG[1].jpg DSC_8041JPG[1].jpg

DSC_8045JPG[1].jpg DSC_8050JPG[1].jpg

DSC_8053JPG[1].jpg DSC_8112JPG[1].jpg

DSC_8114JPG[1].jpg DSC_8118JPG[1].jpg

DSC_8120JPG[1].jpg DSC_8128JPG[1].jpg
 
Then it was time to install the angle bar profiles for the inner edges where the different plates are glued together.
This was made from 40x40x3 angel bars made from fiberglass by the German company Paneel Tec, which also supplied the sandwich plates for the camper box. Here the profiles for the joint between the roof and wall plates are getting covered.

DSC_8600JPG[1].jpg DSC_8608JPG[1].jpg

DSC_8613JPG[1].jpg DSC_8616JPG[1].jpg
 
Top