Not very many Grand Cherokee WK's??

jeepgc

Adventurer
Welcome Chris and roktaxi, nice to see more wks on here, how about putting up a few more pics?

jeepgc

Adventurer
ryzavyze.jpg

joe-up.jpg

Good looking wks guys.

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
Back in the day when four wheeling and expedition was not a sport we used to say "Run what ya brung". I've seen grands with just a rear locker go places the wranglers could not. I'd budget boost one, hack the fenders for tire clearance, Power tracks no slip locker in the rear, put on a real gas tank skid and rocker guards and call it good. They wheel great and have room for your stuff.

Nick_Will

Sweet WK's guys - it's always inspiring seeing others and filling my mind with more wallet emptying ideas!

JeepGC, I love some of those mods you have on there! Especially that tire carrier, I may have to steal that someday! I am on both JeepForum and JeepGarage though I hardly frequent the latter.

Here is mine currently - Just a picture from my iPhone, but I just added the roof rack and custom made that fairing. I'm happy with how it turned out. photo.jpg

This is from a while back.
Jeep.jpg

I have done a couple other mods since then, but mostly minor. Obviously, I still have a ways to go!

Last edited:

ToyCarrier

Observer
I'm slowly building my WK up right now. 2008 Diesel. Definitely go diesel if you can find one!

Mine so far has GDE eco tune/ DPF delete. OME HD lift and some 32"s are hopefully happening this spring. Maybe a RTT this summer.

I hear Front Runner is still working to get a rack built for the WK so there will be a nice rack option for all of us besides Gobi.

Jeff

Septu

Explorer
If I was rich, I'd own a built one of both (JK and WKs). It's just that I'm not quite willing to give up on the off road capabilities for the on road benefits. I think it would be much better suited than the JK for expo travel.

jeepgc

Adventurer
JeepGC, I love some of those mods you have on there! Especially that tire carrier, I may have to steal that someday!

Thanks Nick, I'll be watching out for you :)

BTW, for some reason I can't view the pics you've put up?

I'm slowly building my WK up right now. 2008 Diesel. Definitely go diesel if you can find one!

Mine so far has GDE eco tune/ DPF delete. OME HD lift and some 32"s are hopefully happening this spring. Maybe a RTT this summer.

I hear Front Runner is still working to get a rack built for the WK so there will be a nice rack option for all of us besides Gobi.

Jeff
Excellent, any pics ToyCarrier? Liking that name :)

Nick_Will

Yeah, I'm not really sure what happened. After I posted I checked them and they were there, but then later they weren't. First time attaching a picture, so let me try again!

Bikemobile

Adventurer
Much more comfortable for road travel than a jk. I just recently took a weekend trip to xc ski in the Grand Tetons. 1800 miles on heated seats in comfort. I have driven my wk to California had it on 3 wheels off-road then drove it home no issues.

RangeBrover

Explorer
Much more comfortable for road travel than a jk. I just recently took a weekend trip to xc ski in the Grand Tetons. 1800 miles on heated seats in comfort. I have driven my wk to California had it on 3 wheels off-road then drove it home no issues.

I think a lot of guys really underestimate the value of on road comfort. Here on the east coast we regularly have to drive 100 miles to get to the trails, so being comfortable on the drive there and back is pretty important.

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
I think a lot of guys really underestimate the value of on road comfort. Here on the east coast we regularly have to drive 100 miles to get to the trails, so being comfortable on the drive there and back is pretty important.

The WK is comfortable....

Bikemobile

Adventurer
That's what I'm saying. I'd drive a wk over a JK any day.

1044624_4430701545860_10476558_n.jpg

On the way to Mary Murphy Mine near St. Elmo Ghost Town in Colorado. All loose rock and boulders. We made if halfway then hiked the rest when we were tired of hearing the rocks scraping our skids.

As you can see above it's more about going there than what you are driving there. My friend here in the 2008 Liberty has BFG AT's and stock suspension with full skids. Same with my wk larger AT's with full skids and stock suspension. We both have considered trading up for JK's but we always talk about how practical the WK and the liberty are while still being VERY capable with the right tires and some confidence in its abilities. Our motto is, "Wheel it until it gets too rough then hike the rest."

jpat30

Adventurer
x3 on preferring to drive a Grand over a JK (in my case, a WJ). I also enjoy having the comfort to get there and back. When I do finally trade up to a newer jeep; it will be a CRD WK.

ToyCarrier

Observer

Excellent, any pics ToyCarrier? Liking that name :)

Thanks man! She looks pretty bone stock on the outside right now but here is one of the Jeep in the background of the main toy I "carry."

1012804_10153735385680271_1278090421_n.jpg

1501186_10153754454575271_122931396_o.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier