Not very many Grand Cherokee WK's??

BAH

Well, gotta show off my 08 CRD now
qyrapu9a.jpg

9upyvequ.jpg

udoxx

Observer
I'm shopping now and a WK or WK2 is on my list, are there any buying guides about what to look for?
Get yourself one equipped with he QuadraDrive II system. It is best of 4X4 systems for WKs with electronically limited slip differentials capabible of full lock.

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
Get yourself one equipped with he QuadraDrive II system. It is best of 4X4 systems for WKs with electronically limited slip differentials capabible of full lock.

I agree..but the QT2 system is great as well...and QT2 allows you to add an ARB air locker in the rear.

Last edited:

BAH

Hello my Canadian friend....

Hello my American friend. Hope your (I will assume it is) weather is better than ours.
My pics are a year or two old, that road is probably still under four feet of snow at the moment.
Lake Superior is still mostly ice.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
So many Canadians on here... lol

Nice shots there BAH. You guys got hammered pretty hard by Old Man Winter this year. Not so much out here...the opposite actually. Might be a good long season for trails!!

Bikemobile

Adventurer
I ordered a black G2 diff cover for my wk last week from amazon. Stock length MLL's are on their way also. In my last vehicle, 2002 dodge dakota I once punctured my rear diff cover on a rock so it has always been on my list to replace the one on my wk.

$131 shipped on amazon
41L3%2B1QeKzL._SL500_.jpg

It went on fine. The only hitch was you really need a 6mm allen key on a socket drive to get it tight. I used a t40 bit that was close. You will need an 8mm key for the drain/fill plugs.

Remove old thin cover:
image_zps135a36a9.jpg~320x480

Inspect gear oil. Mine was changed at 52,000 and at 71,000 still looked clearish new. Awesome

image_zps943507f8.jpg~320x480

Scrape old rtv with a razorblade. Get it clean and dry.

Add new provided black rtv all around the flange and around each hole.

Install new cover with countersunk cap head screws. 44ftlb

image_zps157e08ae.jpg~320x480

Let the rtv dry for a few minutes then add 2 qts of 75w/140 full synthetic gear oil.

Done!

Note: i removed the cheeseball sticker from the center. Looks better bare.

Here are some more pics:

image_zps6dfbe51c.jpg~320x480

image_zps76a9af64.jpg~320x480

image_zps2ac18d42.jpg~320x480

photo_zps6413fcdc.jpg~320x480

PDragon

I'm slowly building my WK up right now. 2008 Diesel. Definitely go diesel if you can find one! ...

X2 on the diesel WK! Mine has over 200,00 Kms and it runs like a charm. Great power, fuel economy, room to carry stuff, can tow close to 7,000 pounds with gusto. The QT2 and QD2 off-road systems are great.
You can't go wrong with a WK, especially the diesel.
As said before, be aware of the N23 Recall (it kills the 4lo), and if you get the diesel the swirl motor must be bypassed (most people, including myself, run a GDE Eco tune).

As the WKs become more available and affordable in the used market, let's spread it's virtues so we can be a bigger group :)

P

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

FromRaleigh

Adventurer
Any WK2's on here? I'm about to trade in 2 vehicles for a '14 GC, I like the mpg you get with the 8 speed transmission

Sent using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94