Nova Scotia - Aug 07

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
I am planning my second week of vacation (see Spring break in NC post) I want to do a lap of Nova Scotia. I am looking for help on what not to miss, any off the beaten track (4x4) camping and other tips for searching/planning. I looked at the Fodors and googled NS, lots of info, just want to see if there are other sources for planning expedition type vacation.

Thanks

Jay

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
I did a camping trip to NS back in the early 90's. I ended up at the northern point at a place called Meat Cove. Back then it was just a nice clearing on the cliff overlooking the ocean. I hear it's a bit more developed now, with bike,Kayak rentals.

The owner of the camp is named Ken, who is/was a local fisherman. He took my bud and i out for a day fishing Mackeral, was fun and we enjoyed the experience. Ken is partial to Whiskey, take him out a bottle if you go to visit.

shartzer

Observer
Jay,

I would like to know if you found anything. I have been doing a little searching also and have come up short. Nova Scotia would be a great route for me though because I live in MI. I would agree to go with you if you are looking for a companion but my Discovery is still in the build phase and I don't have a good idea how capable it will be by August. I am a newbie btw but hope to start up as soon as possible.

Sam

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
still researching

info is slow coming, I am trading e-mails with a guy from NS who amped with his family in a 4x4 van. I will update this when I learn more.

Jay

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz