NPS 300 Crewcab questions

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
The "lifetime warranty" thing is normally open to numerous interpretations, like the "lifetime maps" that you get offered on a TomTom navigator.
As TomTom see it, lifetime is interpreted as the life of the product. Basically, when they superseded a model, that model is considered "end of life" and no longer qualifies for free maps.

JohnRogers

Observer
At the price im not too fussed but if it ********** a seal or loses efficiency in a low milage situation,or one dies but others are fine then that is evidence of an isolated issue that I would consider warrantable. But if after 50000km they are feeling a bit flogged out id say thats fair wear and tear and ive had a serviceable life out of them. I bought a set of BP51 off arb and all reservoirs and seals were leaking within 6000km/3months they argued that they would replace them not refund but wait time for stock was 12 weeks keep driving and we'll call you. I said not safe or acceptable give me a refund they said not their policy! went back and forth with managers, state manager, head office all pretty much told me to kick rocks!!!
Its amazing how much damage one pissed off customer can do in one late night session on facebook on every post i could find relating to their BP51 shocks!!!hahaha
Was contacted by 8am next morning asking for phone number called by 905am informing me that my refund was waiting for me in store just return faulty products full refund no questions asked!!!!! At around $750 a shock i expected a little better, both product and service wise!!!

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Argh... good old social media. Where would we be without it?
It's a pity that we need to go to these extremes, but sometimes companies don't always act as they should.

steve66

Observer
Geez, I would have been very peeved as well at that price, Let's hope the Oztec's hold up better, I have the ATW standard issue Powerdowns, not really happy with how they perform and have read of plenty of others having issues so expect to have to change them sooner than later.

Cheers Steve

DzlToy

Explorer
At the price im not too fussed but if it ********** a seal or loses efficiency in a low milage situation,or one dies but others are fine then that is evidence of an isolated issue that I would consider warrantable. But if after 50000km they are feeling a bit flogged out id say thats fair wear and tear and ive had a serviceable life out of them. I bought a set of BP51 off arb and all reservoirs and seals were leaking within 6000km/3months they argued that they would replace them not refund but wait time for stock was 12 weeks keep driving and we'll call you. I said not safe or acceptable give me a refund they said not their policy! went back and forth with managers, state manager, head office all pretty much told me to kick rocks!!!
Its amazing how much damage one pissed off customer can do in one late night session on facebook on every post i could find relating to their BP51 shocks!!!hahaha
Was contacted by 8am next morning asking for phone number called by 905am informing me that my refund was waiting for me in store just return faulty products full refund no questions asked!!!!! At around $750 a shock i expected a little better, both product and service wise!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE to hear stories like this. SO many of the well known brands, such as ARB and Bilstein have been trading off their name for so long, they have forgotten about good customer service and making top notch products. There are hundreds, if not thousands of companies in the States that fall into this category. The sales and marketing people insist that production quality is the same as it has always been, you have a three year, no questions asked warranty, etc., but when it comes time to pay the piper, those guys are nowhere to be found.

I know things are expensive in Oz, but for $750 per shock, I would be looking at Fox, Koni Red, King, Reiger, Radflo, Penske, etc., Three grand should get you a nice set of shockies, not something that fails in three months.

Good on you for sticking to your guns and getting a refund.

Last edited:

JohnRogers

Observer
LOVE LOVE LOVE to hear stories like this. SO many of the well known brands, such as ARB and Bilstein have been trading off their name for so long, they have forgotten about good customer service and making top notch products. There are hundreds, if not thousands of companies in the States that fall into this category. The sales and marketing people insist that production quality is the same as it has always been, you have a three year, no questions asked warranty, etc., but when it comes time to pay the piper, those guys are nowhere to be found.

I know things are expensive in Oz, but for $750 per shock, I would be looking at Fox, Koni Red, King, Reiger, Radflo, Penske, etc., Three grand should get you a nice set of shockies, not something that fails in three months.

Good on you for sticking to your guns and getting a refund.
Fox King Radflo etc are closer to $1200 a corner here in a 2.5 size shock thats another reason i thought id give ARB a go!

JohnRogers

Observer
Fitted the westralia parabolics to the front yesterday and the ride is dramatically different same ride height but 50% as harsh as oem

JohnRogers

Observer
Ok ive been offline for a bit between work and 3am finishes on the truck build, it ended up a little different to my original plan but super happy with the end result. We finally gave it the maiden voyage to Lake Eyre, ran great 2000km in 8 days averaged around 25l/100km between cruising at 100-110km on blacktop and 80-85km on the dirt reflash might need another look at to pull a little fuel out at cruising revs, that said i pulled out to overtake a triple roadtrain and it pulled hard to 3000rpm/140kmh before i backed off but would have pull to red line at 3200rpm no worries.

Attachments

• IMG_1781.JPG
    IMG_1781.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1785.JPG
    IMG_1785.JPG
    547.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2282.JPG
    IMG_2282.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2938.JPG
    IMG_2938.JPG
    477.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3177.JPG
    IMG_3177.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3178.JPG
    IMG_3178.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3179.JPG
    IMG_3179.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3237.JPG
    IMG_3237.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3319.JPG
    IMG_3319.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3320.JPG
    IMG_3320.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 34

JohnRogers

Observer
Couple more pics of the build

Attachments

• IMG_3395.JPG
    IMG_3395.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3396.JPG
    IMG_3396.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3452.JPG
    IMG_3452.JPG
    435.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3453.JPG
    IMG_3453.JPG
    419.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3454.JPG
    IMG_3454.JPG
    492.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3456.JPG
    IMG_3456.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3458.JPG
    IMG_3458.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3462.JPG
    IMG_3462.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3477.JPG
    IMG_3477.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3481.JPG
    IMG_3481.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 23

JohnRogers

Observer
More pics

Attachments

• IMG_3482.JPG
    IMG_3482.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3483.JPG
    IMG_3483.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3484.JPG
    IMG_3484.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3495.JPG
    IMG_3495.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3496.JPG
    IMG_3496.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 28

JohnRogers

Observer
Havent Logged on in ages but have been recommending the site to plenty. Up until the last month or so the truck ran great but the suspension and House batteries just werent up to the task. It was decided about xmas that we are off on our Lap in April so time to sort out the last few issues. I have fitted 2 x 200ah Itechworld Lithiums and seems to be working much better and I can run the caravan ac out of the truck inverter for around 4 hrs with no sun, 5-6 hrs with the 660w of solar producing around 15-22amps, and pretty much as long as i like with the truck idling pushing in 40amps and nearly 60 amps at high idle. So time will tell but atm im super happy with the setup. Now the suspension the westralia parabolics rode great compared to stock but the lack of up travel still ment it was harsh in the rough stuff and on some of the terrible bitumen roads, exaggerated by the oztec shocks not having enough rebound valving. I went in search of something better and the rabbit hole lead to a fella called Brad Zacka who builds custom King shocks for trucks, after a good long chat he suggested a set of his shocks and a custom pair of front springs and an added leaf in the rear to match the front height. Not a cheap exercise but a transformed truck to drive bumpstop clearance went from 35mm to 100mm front and rear and the shocks keep it settled no matter what ive thrown at it. Looking forward to the trip and maybe ill bump into a few of you on the way round, cheers for all the help and advice over the last couple years!!

I think I'll be having a chat to Brad pretty soon with these rave reviews he's been getting. It does make sense to me to spend your hard earned on shocks more than springs when you've got a near-constant weight camper truck.

Spanna 53

John looks good that was our first big trip got to Coober Pedy only to find the road to William Creek closed so went to the ALICE for a few days then came back and drove out to fly over Lake Eyre great run down Oodnadatta track to the Flinders

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste