NPS300_TRUK camper progress

Bris31

Adventurer
Light weight, flexible solar panels are recomended for popup roof.
I would avoid any ebay flexibles, had bad experience couple of times.

Lachstock

I have a question regarding the pop top roof if you don't mind :)
How are you doing the connection seal between the roof and body? Are you running one of the pop top extrusion profiles that are around or custom making the seal design yourself?
It's the last decision I have in the construction design of my camper on whether to go pop top or hard roof and it's perplexing me!

macca4802

I have a question regarding the pop top roof if you don't mind :)
How are you doing the connection seal between the roof and body? Are you running one of the pop top extrusion profiles that are around or custom making the seal design yourself?
It's the last decision I have in the construction design of my camper on whether to go pop top or hard roof and it's perplexing me!
Hi, After much research this is the roof extrusion I'm using. https://styromax.com.au/products/styropop-top/. Styromax make a good product.

Wyuna

Observer
If you are looking at Lightweight Semi flex panels, check out eArche range, they are a commercial grade panel with a 25 year warranty.

Seem well made, i have a 180 watt panel, junction box is sealed, Cheaper than Soliban panels.

I got mine shipped up from Melbourne from solar RV, haven't had any issues in 12 months

macca4802

If you are looking at Lightweight Semi flex panels, check out eArche range, they are a commercial grade panel with a 25 year warranty.

Seem well made, i have a 180 watt panel, junction box is sealed, Cheaper than Soliban panels.

I got mine shipped up from Melbourne from solar RV, haven't had any issues in 12 months
Thanks Wyuna - I'll check em out.

Spanna 53

Macca I got my sleve through a trimmer who had a notice in the local fish and chip shop turned out he knew the son in law got it done in white plastic sort of canvas because the cream colour isn't as light inside had to put 12 x3 mm flat alli in side a tube top and bottom and pop reverted through the sleve and into a piece of white alli angle pop reverted into the FRP roof .Lot of fun threading wiring through roof panel for the lights every thing has its own fuse in the central fuse box can't have too many USB charging points and plenty of LED reading lamps ran all wiring in twin core sheved most power and all lighting is 12volt but have some 240 volt out lets cheers Ross

macca4802

Macca I got my sleve through a trimmer who had a notice in the local fish and chip shop turned out he knew the son in law got it done in white plastic sort of canvas because the cream colour isn't as light inside had to put 12 x3 mm flat alli in side a tube top and bottom and pop reverted through the sleve and into a piece of white alli angle pop reverted into the FRP roof .Lot of fun threading wiring through roof panel for the lights every thing has its own fuse in the central fuse box can't have too many USB charging points and plenty of LED reading lamps ran all wiring in twin core sheved most power and all lighting is 12volt but have some 240 volt out lets cheers Ross
Keen to see a picture of your sleeve and lighting. I had conduits put in my roof panel to suit location of lights. Was tricky, as you say, to run cable. All done now and tested. Between the top of the wall and the roof I thought I'd run my cables in a length of flex which will be contained within a velcro flap sewn to the inside of the sleeve.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles