O2 Sensor Help

I an getting Bank 1 and 2 too lean codes and engine light on and I think I need to replace my O2 sensors. I have 94,000 miles on my 2006 LR3. Any suggestions on which ones I should get? I was looking at rock auto.

Thanks

Silmarillion

Observer
I got mine from Atlantic British - good price, they have a great video tutorial, and it fixed the problem! They didn't go into all the details on replacement - you have to follow the cable and unscrew parts they didn't show (2 nuts that are ~8mm around a protective case)I had to use a 22mm wrench and a hammer to losen it up.

My bank 1 and 1 just lit up. I found this on Amazon... It's supposed to arrive today! It looks a lot more complicated to replace as it's further in the engine.

GORM

Adventurer
There may be other things worth checking/ replacing before O2 sensors. Check for vacuum leaks and check PCV valve and MAF sensor. Those 2 parts might set you back $80 total and each of 4 O2 sensor might run that.

GORM

Adventurer
Suggestion I read on O2 sensors if you go that route .... get best ones. X2 on ABritish. I get most stuff there. If you get MAF, make sure you get Denso MAF, not some knock off that says it fits. Those parts are super critical for performance, don’t skimp.

Silmarillion

Observer
There may be other things worth checking/ replacing before O2 sensors. Check for vacuum leaks and check PCV valve and MAF sensor. Those 2 parts might set you back $80 total and each of 4 O2 sensor might run that.
Know of any good vids on replacing those?

X2 on going the route of MAF, MAP, and PCV valves. Denso for all electrical components and you can get them from any LR dealers.

I had the same codes for quite a while, replaced these and no issues. I did not replace the O2 sensors but have them on the shelf from Atlantic British.

J!m

You can spray around with WD40 etc and when the idle changes you can then look closer/dig deeper to isolate the problem.

You can use starting fluid too but no mater what you use be mindful of what you are spraying onto, and how much. No point saturating components with WD40 although it should be harmless.

Then if you find a leaking hose connection, budget to replace all of them. Once one gets “stiff” the rest soon follow, one at a time for maximum fun factor.

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
WD-40 used to be good for finding vacuum leaks back when they used propane for a propellant. Not so good after they changed.

I bought two vehicles in the last year that both had running lean codes. My smog guy said 99% of the time it's a dirty MAF. One was fixed by hosing off the MAF with MAF cleaner. The other I replaced the MAF with a "rebuilt" from O'Reilly.

J!m

Probably right with that. I think I have one can kicking around now- it really wasn’t good other than the original purpose- Water Displacement in a distributor cap. I no longer own distributor caps, so no need for the stuff.

I still think that it being sucked in would alter idle enough to help. Probably drop the idle now.

Silmarillion

Observer
Is there a trick for accessing the front driver's side o2 sensor without unbolting parts? My truck is not on a lift either. It looked pretty tight up there! Even if I could get it unscrewed with the o2 wrench, unclipping the wire looked challenging.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94