Off Road / RTT Trailer Build

honda250xtitan

Hooked the trailer up and towed it around the block. Mission successful, towed great!

Axle is bolted on.

Good thing you did that before trying to tow it ;)

trailer turned out killer! interested to see how you did the skid plate for the water tank. I'm pretty sure i can use mine as a jack point if the need ever came up lol.

For those rear latches i think you can drill a hole to slide a lock in to keep them from unlatching all the way. i might do that with mine

Outlaw ABQ

Jeepin-

I am working on a very similar design for my awning setup. What hardware did you use for height adjustment?

Jeepin503

Good thing you did that before trying to tow it ;)

trailer turned out killer! interested to see how you did the skid plate for the water tank. I'm pretty sure i can use mine as a jack point if the need ever came up lol.

For those rear latches i think you can drill a hole to slide a lock in to keep them from unlatching all the way. i might do that with mine

Thanks! Haha, guess I wrote that a little backward! Still working on the skid plate for the bottom. Probably be two weeks before I can get t finished.

Good idea on the latch. Daughter was thinking the same thing. I’ll have to go to the hardware store to see what they have for small locks.

Jeepin-

I am working on a very similar design for my awning setup. What hardware did you use for height adjustment?

I used 1” tubing with 3/4” tubing on the inside. Measured the holes so the awning would be a little over 7 feet high. Welded a pop pin to the outside of each hole. When the awning is down, the pop pins are pushed out. When I extend the awning, the pins pop into place as soon as the holes line up. Then, I just in pop the pins and support it while it slides down.

I made my own mounts for the awning out of 3/16” plate steel. Just used a piece of cardboard to make a template and then used a plasma cutter to cut them all out. I’ll take some close up photos when I get home.

Jeepin503

Going to start working on the electrical components on the inside of the trailer soon. Anyone have recommendations for a power converter that I can use to trickle charge the trailer battery from the jeep or by plugging into an outlet? Would love to see some photos of other trailer power setups!

honda250xtitan

7 pin can charge the trailer battery. NOCO sells setups for outlet chargers. The Smittybilt thread has some sweet setups.

Jeepin503

Took the trailer out for a little weekend getaway to test everything. Trailer worked great!!

Going to put truck bed liner on the surface of the front interior storage compartment. Also working on finding a solution for storage organization in the front storage area. Planning on using some tubs with lids that have latches to keep the lids closed. I will have a better idea of my total storage space once I have the battery, water pump and power converter all hooked up.

8FB3E4A0-98BD-4593-AFED-D4A114449F00.jpeg

6208B3DF-795A-4D2C-9122-8EBDB9146DA0.jpeg

50DE8353-90BC-4DCB-B511-D5BB0A4AA8C8.jpeg

4D8901A6-71E8-4108-80CF-E180ADF7FCD2.jpeg

SOLAMF

Maniac
This trailer is pretty much exactly what I want to build for behind my YJ. Any idea what it weighs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeepin503

This trailer is pretty much exactly what I want to build for behind my YJ. Any idea what it weighs?

1500 or so with the tent, awnings and cooler. Probably could have gone a little lighter on the frame steel but it’s built very stout. (y)

Jeepin503

Spent some time getting the Jeep wired for the 7 pin/brakes and installing a wireless brake controller on the trailer.

Trailer is pretty light but still noticeable when I brake and a nice luxury to have.

Going to finish the water tank and pump system in the next couple weeks.

Jeepin503

Started on the power supply for the trailer this weekend. Waiting on a couple parts so hoping to have it done in the next week or so.

Jeepin503

Got a good jump on the install of the water tank. Just bent sheet metal into a pan and then put bolts into rivet nuts in the frame to secure it. Still have a little adjusting to do to move it a little more forward from the axle. Getting close though!

Going to insulate the the tank to reduce rubbing on the steel and also to maintain water temp in cold and hot weather. Blue tape is temporary until I have all the fittings in place and pan in the correct spot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz