Off Road / RTT Trailer Build

mvrk10256

Lol. We are building the same trailer. You are a little ahead of me but I am catching up lol.

I used 8 M8 rivnuts to hold my tank assembly under the trailer. Going into 14G steel, they should have plenty of clamping power, and longevity. I am also keeping the water pump down there.

Jeepin503

Lol. We are building the same trailer. You are a little ahead of me but I am catching up lol.

I used 8 M8 rivnuts to hold my tank assembly under the trailer. Going into 14G steel, they should have plenty of clamping power, and longevity. I am also keeping the water pump down there.

Do you have your build documented on EP? Would love to check out your trailer, might inspire some thoughts on how I move forward with mine!

mvrk10256

Do you have your build documented on EP? Would love to check out your trailer, might inspire some thoughts on how I move forward with mine!

I have a youtube channel. I am considerably further along than what is posted. but here is the playlist for the vids.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLO_ruzGJTh3ITrnN1rJU4aT_Ow-IPR-vO

You can also check my IG @ MaksWerks for more up to date photos. I have a bit of a beefier tow rig, so I built my trailer a little on the larger and taller side.

You do great work by the way. I love this build.

Jeepin503

I have a youtube channel. I am considerably further along than what is posted. but here is the playlist for the vids.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLO_ruzGJTh3ITrnN1rJU4aT_Ow-IPR-vO

You can also check my IG @ MaksWerks for more up to date photos. I have a bit of a beefier tow rig, so I built my trailer a little on the larger and taller side.

You do great work by the way. I love this build.

Thanks! This is my first big metal fabrication project. Really enjoying it. Wish I would have done more over the winter but I’m getting back on track! Haha.

Checked out your build, looks great! I’ll definitely keep following it!

I’ll have some updated photos by the end of the weekend.

Jeepin503

Rear awning lights:

Passenger side awning lights:

Interior lights:

Switches:

Shore power:

Countertop, work in progress. Cut an old dining table in half and sanded it down. Still need to refinish:

Jeepin503

Finished the countertop. Made the sink out of a restaurant style 1/2 pan (6” deep). Drain will run to a bucket. Finished the plumbing for the water tank, pump and faucet.

Jeepin503

Took the trailer on a trout fishing trip in Central Oregon a couple weeks back to test everything out. Electrical and plumbing all worked great!

Test trip number two over Memorial Day weekend at a state park with the girls and the dogs!

Next up is a tour of SE Oregon at the end of June. Planning trail routes through Leslie Gulch, Jordan Valley, Owyhee River area, Pillars of Rome and the Alvord Desert area.

Box Rocket

Nice job. Just went through the thread for the first time. Lots of great ideas on your trailer and it's put together nicely. Well done. Its just sad you used Herculiner on it. It's probably the very worst of the DIY liners. Besides the extremely coarse texture, it's not very UV stable and will fade badly and start to peel and chip. Most I've seen make it about 18 months before looking pretty rough and needing to be redone. But otherwise, really impressed with what you've built. Maybe when it comes time to redo the liner, take a look at Raptor Liner. It has a much nicer finish and holds up extremely well. The raptor on my trailer is 10 years old and still looks great.

Jeepin503

Nice job. Just went through the thread for the first time. Lots of great ideas on your trailer and it's put together nicely. Well done. Its just sad you used Herculiner on it. It's probably the very worst of the DIY liners. Besides the extremely coarse texture, it's not very UV stable and will fade badly and start to peel and chip. Most I've seen make it about 18 months before looking pretty rough and needing to be redone. But otherwise, really impressed with what you've built. Maybe when it comes time to redo the liner, take a look at Raptor Liner. It has a much nicer finish and holds up extremely well. The raptor on my trailer is 10 years old and still looks great.

Hey, thanks for the info! I’m about a year in on the Herculiner and it has done well thus far. I store the trailer in the garage so that is probably helping the longevity. It has definitely been a learning process along the way. I’ll definitely go the raptor liner route the next time around. I prefer the smoother finish as well as the durability you mentioned.

Took a look at your trailer thread. Haven’t made it all the way through yet but it’s a really cool build, nice work! Enjoyed the most recent post and got me thinking about preparing ahead!

Jeepin503

What mounts did you use for the axe and shovel? I bought some that turned out to be too small.

I used Quick Fist mounts. Upside, they work really well and aren’t very expensive. Downside, you can’t lock them. I haven’t had any issues, the shovel was cheap, the axe/maul was a little more spendy. I store the trailer in my garage and I’m pretty much always around it when we are exploring, or we are so far out that the likelihood of someone tampering would be really low. Overall, I haven’t needed something that locks so I give them a thumbs up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz