Official pics of the new Liberty

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
I bet insurance will be high on it with the soft top. Everyone I know with a convertable has had their car broken into through the soft top in the past 2 years. Not too sure if I like it or not.

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
flyingwil said:
I bet insurance will be high on it with the soft top. Everyone I know with a convertable has had their car broken into through the soft top in the past 2 years. Not too sure if I like it or not.

My god, man. Where do you live?! ;)

I like its appearance better than the old Liberty, though I like it less because it looks so similar to the Nitro. I prefer it when platform sharing is less obvious. I dig the canvas roof, but overall the whole thing seems uninspired. A friend and I were just talking about this - we think DCX would do better with the Jeep brand if they kept its products niche instead of trying to fit in to the mainstream.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
I think I liked the old one better. I happen to think that Commander-type front looks pretty bad. Am I the only one that's seeing the Griswold Family Truckster influence in these new car headlights?

Truckster.jpg

924.jpg

2007_Commander_brownleft.jpg

durango_60

Explorer
DaveInDenver said:
Am I the only one that's seeing the Griswold Family Truckster influence in these new car headlights?

And this is a bad thing??? The Griswold Family Truckster is the greatest expedition vehicle of all time!!!

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
flyingwil said:
The roof is cool (and I am not saying this because I actually have been working on the mechanism of it :D) It is pretty tough, heavy duty, padded canvas, reinforcement bar about every foot or so, a lot stronger than the soft top of a Wrangler or similar. It seals/operates more like a glass sunroof, no way to pull it out of the tracks. Obviously it could be slit open with a knife, but then it would be a lot easier to smash a window and open the door rather than climbing on the roof, trying to cut a hole, pray the bars apart and squeeze through.

I really like the new Libby, looks IMHO a lot better than the old one. Only thing that to me was a kind of disapointing was the design of interior, especially in gray. Looks very plastic and a kind of cheap (not jeep ;)) Hopefully this were just the pre-production models and the series will look better.

gary in ohio

Explorer
They really messed up the liberty, It was a nice little jeep, now is a mini commander and looks just like the nitro. WHY does DaimlerChrysler needs so many of the same class of SUV's?
You have the nitro and durango on the dodge side. Chrysler has the aspen and PT
jeep has the patriot, liberty, compass, cherokee and comander plus the real jeep wranglers.

No wonder they have having issues.

maximumrob

Adventurer
I like the new Libby because my wife likes it! I'd much rather her like THAT than some stinkin' Tahoe that costs 40 grand and drinks fuel like no tomorrow. She loves her current Liberty and she'll probably get one of the new ones, too.

God help the day she says she wants a full size SUV. Ugh.

2500Adventures

Adventurer
I'm content with mine. I like having a spare on the back and not looking like a down graded Commander...but that is just me...pretty cool idea for the roof though. Just not sure how functional it would be up in the white north or with a huge Expedition rack on the roof rails...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles