Offroad Trailer build from Bantam / M416 military trailer

balu4k

Adventurer
2a14ee9fc76c754d9e047712746c6170.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

balu4k

Adventurer
Putting together the parts for the last time...

Lid and fenders are in.

6a44414abfb36b283004d7be469f901c.jpg

c45d3c3763aae69c3dc23610571d7ef2.jpg

Next is roof rack and tent

ranger1sg

Amazing skills. When you get a chance, can you send some close ups of the tail gate cut-in and fabrication you created? I am working on my 416 and am debating putting in a tailgate, but worry about hurting the stability of the sides and getting a tailgate built that will be strong enough
and fit tight up against the tub. Thanks, you are an inspiration!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

406expo

Adventurer
looking VERY nice. I think I might do a frame extension this winter and do a nice tongue box for the solar set up. I really like your locking latches also, where did you find those?

balu4k

Adventurer
Amazing skills. When you get a chance, can you send some close ups of the tail gate cut-in and fabrication you created? I am working on my 416 and am debating putting in a tailgate, but worry about hurting the stability of the sides and getting a tailgate built that will be strong enough
and fit tight up against the tub. Thanks, you are an inspiration!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks. Look at my post number 4 where I fabricated a frame and welded to the rear of the tub to improve the rigidity of it. Then I fabricated the gate to recesses in it. I still have to find a way to put in a weather seal to avoid any water getting inside.

I am planning to build a kitchen at the rear end and so I will do the weather deal at that time.

balu4k

Adventurer
Getting back to start work on this one. I still recovering from my surgery. so for now starting with a small work. I ordered Atwood Stabilizer Jacks - 6-1/4" Drop Leg Travel - 21-3/4" Ext - Black. 4 of them. This would go at 4 corners to give enough stability while sleeping in the tent.

I am thinking of bolt on instead of welding..

AT82298_6_1000.jpg

balu4k

Adventurer
Got a chance to give a first test run for the trailer. removed the tent and tongue box for this test run. Trailer handled perfectly well. Sequoia did even feel the trailer at the back :). I feel it little bumpy after the seeing the video but i don't have the shocks yet. it just sits on the leef spring and also not load in it yet. Shocks and load on the trailer should help i guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior