oh, what a feeling .... Toyota

jeffryscott

2006 Rally Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
a long and arduous search came to an end today ...

A one owner, 2001 Toyota 4Runner replaced the trusty, napoleanic (you know, small in stature but mighty) Suzuki. The runner is, gasp, gold. I know it is not an official expo color (although I know a Trooper owned by SB that is goldish, so it isn't without precedent). Mileage is 68,700 and the truck is super clean. And best of all: $13,995. Most I've seen in that price range have over 120K, and most I've seen with this mileage and vintage here in Tucson are 19K.

So, out with the old and in with the new - here it is:

Jeff,

That is awesome!! You will love having a Toyota. But---we will miss the Mighty Mouse:D That super cool rig could motor:bowdown:

Congratulations on your new rig!!

articulate

Expedition Leader
jeffryscott said:
A one owner, 2001 Toyota 4Runner replaced the trusty, napoleanic (you know, small in stature but mighty) Suzuki. The runner is, gasp, gold. I know it is not an official expo color
Jeff, always the pioneer huh? Way to go! She's beautiful.
:drool:
A fresh new-to-you vehicle is exciting, ain't it?

:rockon:

jeffryscott

Thanks all, I'll be asking many questions in the coming days. Unlike with the Suzuki, there are many choices of items for the suspension, etc ..

where do I begin?

oh, and it is a v6 with auto.

(This is actually my second 4Runner - first one was an 87 with the 22R engine. The transmission was dying (previous owners had never changed the transmission fluid, and I never thought to check. When I did, it was black, not pink.)

Last edited:

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
jeffryscott said:
Thanks all, I'll be asking many questions in the coming days. Unlike with the Suzuki, there are many choices of items for the suspension, etc ..

where do I begin?

A fridge, because I heard "You can travel anywhere in Baja with a stock Toyota and a fridge" :sombrero:

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
Jeff you remembered to buy the 4WD version, right? :D

I'm just happy that you now will have to actually have some competition on the timed course at ExPo.

jeffryscott

pskhaat said:
Jeff you remembered to buy the 4WD version, right? :D

I'm just happy that you now will have to actually have some competition on the timed course at ExPo.

It does have 4 wheels, and one stickshift thingy ... oh, ****. It's supposed to have two of those stick shift things, right?:confused: I actually checked that, this time. Thanks for checking up on me.

As far as the timed course, we'll see if it was just driver error ...

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
Congratulations that is a great price!
... and I just bought this! Well similar and I hope it gets to look like this Runner soon!

DaktariEd

2005, 2006 Tech Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
Way to go, Jeff! :clapsmile
Congrats!
Looking forward to see what you do with it,,,

:smiley_drive:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior