oh, what a feeling .... Toyota

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader
It have the electric locker? $800 from the dealer set up ready to go with your choice of gear from 4.10, 4.30 and 4.56! You will need to modify the housing if it didn't come with the locker but you sure can't do a ARB for the price. :drool:

Retrofit electrical to actuate it.
http://www.inchwormgear.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=36

They also sell the leocker but you can usually hagle with the dealer and get it around $800. Check at http://www.tacomaterritory.com/ for how to get a discount at the dealer on the locker.

Welcome back to the Toyota world!

Mlachica

TheRAMadaINN on Instagram
Congrats Jeff! I'm sure you're gonna love it. :clapsmile

jeffryscott said:
As far as the timed course, we'll see if it was just driver error ...

So who's buying the timed course dominator? :ylsmoke:

jeffryscott

2006 Rally Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
Grim Reaper said:
It have the electric locker? $800 from the dealer set up ready to go with your choice of gear from 4.10, 4.30 and 4.56! You will need to modify the housing if it didn't come with the locker but you sure can't do a ARB for the price. :drool:

Retrofit electrical to actuate it.
http://www.inchwormgear.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=36

They also sell the leocker but you can usually hagle with the dealer and get it around $800. Check at http://www.tacomaterritory.com/ for how to get a discount at the dealer on the locker.

Welcome back to the Toyota world!

Thanks for that info, I'll check into it. Just subscribed to 4wd Toyota Owner magazine ... this is going to be costly.

jeffryscott

Mlachica said:
Congrats Jeff! I'm sure you're gonna love it. :clapsmile

So who's buying the timed course dominator? :ylsmoke:

Probably an auction once the dealership realizes what they have. The salesman gave it 8 out of 10 for appearance - nobody ever looked under it to see the gouges on the frame. It's a great little vehicle, but I had run it hard.

jeffryscott

eurorom said:
Congratulations that is a great price!
... and I just bought this! Well similar and I hope it gets to look like this Runner soon!

Congrats as well, did you keep the Lexus as well?

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
jeffryscott said:
Congrats as well, did you keep the Lexus as well?

Thanks and sorry for the kidnap, as for the Lexus I will keep untill toyoya comes up with the new design or body style on the Landcruiser. I would consider the Land Rover LR3, however they have too many issues.

Clutch

<---Pass
Congrats Jeff...and with 68,000 miles! That's fricken great!

Now that I have looked at your avitar, I have seen your old Suzuki running around town in the past.

If you need a great Toyota mechanic, I have been using Dan's ToyShop over on First and Ft Lowell. He has been very honest and knowledgeable. Good prices too.

I have been going there for 14 years, it was Bill's then Rey's. Still a great shop even with all of the owner changes.

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Jeff, congrats on your new vehicle:victory: . While it is a Toyota, I will forgive that fact because it is not white:p . You are just not the go with the flow kinda guy.:D

bigreen505

Expedition Leader
Congratulations Jeff, that is a steal and a beautiful truck too. I can't wait to see what the "after" pictures look like. :victory:

jeffryscott

here are some pics from today. Compared to the Zuk, this thing is huge.

Differences: It is so smooth on washboard. Quiet and so much more comforatable. And for a stock vehicle, pretty flexy. But of course, I want more ...:hehe:

The Zuk was certainly much more nimble, and with the locker I could just point it and go. I know once I get used to the 4Runner, I'll be much more comfortable with it's size.

Anyway, here are some pics:

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
I was driving down Speedway today when a crazy man in a gold 4Runner came shooting up beside me blowing his horn! It looks immaculate, Jeff; what a great find.

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
Real nice! you are in what we call Toyota heaven...:victory:

Welcome to the family

roof top tent? or sleep inside

I guess you could have beat that zuk up real good at the trophy :088:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier