Old's Cool

bimmeryota

Observer
Cool truck. I have a 91. I ditched the blocks and went with a set of springs from old man emu. You can use shackles if you need a little more lift.

RevBob

Found this guy about a month ago and just realized it might be appropriate to post here. It's a '93 T100 SR5 4x4 with 140k and the timing belt and head gasket recently changed. The camper came a few weeks later. They are both survivors in good condition, so I think for now there will be no serious modification, just some TLC. I can't even bring myself to drill holes in the bumper to install some old Hellas I have lying around.

FullSizeRender-2.jpgIMG_1588.jpg

20170617_132109.jpg

Picked up this bad boy over the weekend. 91 p/u, SAS, 4.88's, was open when I got it, now running a Spartan locker in the rear. Headed to Moab this weekend! Break it in right!

battleaxe

Captain Obvious
I think this might be the right place to ask for advice. I've had this 91 3.0 pickup for around a month and have been knocking out the to-do list. Next is some suspension work. The tires are 33". The front diff drop measures 4.5" center to center between the bolts and the rear has 2.5" blocks and I think some sort of short add a leaf. The leafs look really bad. What should I do to get things back level with the shell and more gear?
View attachment 405728

I'd fork out for some leafs. Allpro, Trail Gear, OME (would be my choice) all make great stuff. Or if you're trying to stick with a budget, you could always pick up a less mangled set from the wreckers and toss in an add leaf. I had lift blocks on my 4runner and ditched them as soon as I could.

That last picture almost looks like one of the leafs broke off at the block, could just be my eyes playing tricks on me.

r27d

I think I'll go with a set of the OME hd springs and a 5.5" trail gear shackle for 3-3.5" lift when loaded with shell, bikes/rack, sleeping platform.

Last edited:

bimmeryota

Observer
Found this guy about a month ago and just realized it might be appropriate to post here. It's a '93 T100 SR5 4x4 with 140k and the timing belt and head gasket recently changed. The camper came a few weeks later. They are both survivors in good condition, so I think for now there will be no serious modification, just some TLC. I can't even bring myself to drill holes in the bumper to install some old Hellas I have lying around.

View attachment 405746View attachment 405745

Nice T! Hard to find in that condition. There's also a tundra/t100 thread but the t100 is olds cool in my book as well. Any info or a thread on the camper?

RevBob

Thanks. Funny thing was that I wasn't particularly looking for either of them. Saw the camper many times on craigslist while searching for a shell for the truck (no easy task). Finally went and drove the three hours to look at it and it turned out to be in excellent condition and perfect for what I was looking for - something with a lot of room to camp in and not too heavy for the 3.0 to drag up and down our mountains. It is a Lobo brand camper from the early 70's built in Redding, CA. It is a slide in (a 'cowboy camper'), fits the 8' bed perfectly, has almost standing headroom, and weighs about 500 pounds. It was stored in a shop most of it's life, so it looks like it is five years old instead of 40. The only thing I am planning is to update the electrical system and complete the replacement of the funky-smelling fabrics.

IMG_9959.jpgIMG_9961.jpg

Doin it up while in big bear. Hit some service roads. Nothing crazy but hopefully soon I'll get more time and someone to go with in case of carnage.

IMG_9960.jpgIMG_9965.jpg

Thanks. No build thread. This is my kitchen box. Old amo box rigged w dividers and the lid is setup as a cooking area if needed.

I made my own recovery boards. I haven't had to use them yet so not sure how well they work for actual recovery. But I made double use outta them and they make a massive table area. Nutserts in tailgate and adjustable walking poles for ends. I made a shelf over my feet for gear. I'm short but still thought the false floor robbed to much head room. You can see the led strips. White and red.

Thought about a thread but most threads are "epic". And my "build" is low budget and non epic for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles