One-burner propane stove?

slowtwitch

Adventurer
A huge part of simmering is what cookware you use. Weight weenie/cheap pots/pans don't simmer well. Saying a Jetboil simmers better than a Partner is..really saying something.
partners simmer fine. A tip for not charring the crap out what you are cooking is to make up a simple double boiler..place one pot into another (MSR nesting are good) with some water in it.. you can sautee till kingdom come, warm milk, make a cream sauce etc. .. funny thing is this is how I make cooking on a Jetboil bearable.

WhatTheZo

A huge part of simmering is what cookware you use. Weight weenie/cheap pots/pans don't simmer well. Saying a Jetboil simmers better than a Partner is..really saying something.
partners simmer fine. A tip for not charring the crap out what you are cooking is to make up a simple double boiler..place one pot into another (MSR nesting are good) with some water in it.. you can sautee till kingdom come, warm milk, make a cream sauce etc. .. funny thing is this is how I make cooking on a Jetboil bearable.
I sometimes use a plate heat diffuser on my backpacking pressure cooker when I make things like rice to make sure it doesn't burn the crap out of the bottom of it.

Yeah...I like cooking outside.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

rnArmy

Adventurer
That's pretty slick. I do like the dual fuel option.

View attachment 487918

I'm replying to one of my own previous posts. Is that weird?

Anyways, my wife asked me for my "Christmas wish list" the other day. I put this Gas-one stove on my list (along with some other camping and vehicle related items, and of course I always put ammo on the list). And from now until Christmas, I've been instructed I'm not allowed to open any packages that come in the mail (especially from Amazon).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N1RO9WG/ref=twister_B07KL5QYPD?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

And I'm not allowed to order anything camping or Jeep or tool related until after Christmas. We'll see.

Steve_P

Biker Eagle

Observer
Got one of those Gas1 propane/butane stoves and I've used it for the last year. It has worked fine with only 2 sniglets; no wind screen can be a pain, and it's designed for the 1lb cylinders which is a pain on a longer trip when a bulk propane tank would work better. Works fine but I wish GAS1 had spent a couple of extra bucks to make the case a little better.
Partner stove open.JPG
But I solved those problems and replaced the Gas1 with a Partner 1 burner stove. Crazy expensive but it was my retirement present to myself. It's about the same footprint as the Gas1, but considerably heavier. If you do get the Gas1 it will serve you well.
GasOneStove.jpg

john61ct

Adventurer
it's designed for the 1lb cylinders which is a pain on a longer trip when a bulk propane tank would work better.
It's dead easy to get a converter / hose rigged to go between a Coleman type 1"-20 fitting and one designed for 20# BBQ bottles, aka Acme QCC1/POL.

EricBlaize

I have this one and it works great.
https://www.rei.com/product/142134/coleman-fold-n-go-stove

also this one, although not propane it is very good for light cooking, coffee, etc.
https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Camp...9&sr=8-3&keywords=coleman+single+burner+stove

and this one
https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Bott...0&sr=8-2&keywords=coleman+single+burner+stove

they all work really well and come in very handy

I was skeptical about Coleman stoves, but Coleman Sportster Burner is good enough and can be used indoors as well (y)

SirCampalot

Adventurer
A huge part of simmering is what cookware you use. don't simmer well. Saying a Jetboil simmers better than a Partner is..really saying something.

I suppose stacking cookware works to diffuse the heat, but the ability to precisely control the heat will allow the use of "weight weenie/cheap pots/pans" and simmer extremely well. The gas valve on the Partner was about 3/4 turn from off to full blast, where the Jetboil is about 6-turns from off to full. The Partner would flame out whenever we tried to use low heat settings where the Jetboil has been extremely reliable in terms of having the ability to operate at low heat. YMMV.

rnArmy

Adventurer
Mine came in the mail last week. Tested it for functionality but no cooking yet. A little flimsy but lightweight and fires right up.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Yes - that would be smart; I need to buy a butane cartridge, and test it on both butane and propane. And just get familiar with it before I take it out on an adventure (third week in January). Maybe I'll heat up dinner one evening with it on the back porch. I've yet to see one of these little stoves that I thought was as heavy duty as my Coleman twin burner, but I'm actually pretty gentle with my camping gear. It should fit perfect on my Jeep's tailgate when in use (doesn't the tailgate on everyone's TJ fold down flat?).

Attachments

• drive.9.jpg
    drive.9.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 48
Last edited:

rnArmy

Adventurer
So I tested out my little Gas-One stove this morning. Nice! Only tried it with the butane cylinder, but it worked flawlessly. With the piezo lighter (spelling?), it lit right up, and very even flame and quite the range from barely on to full flame. I don't know how long the butane cylinder lasts compared to the green propane cans, but for what little heating-up/cooking I usually do, it should do fine. Of course, I will have plenty of propane cylinders with me anyways (I wouldn't want JUST a butane stove), but the convenience of just popping in a butane cylinder (when above freezing) for warming up a can of soup or boiling water will be nice.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles