One more for today....F-250 to get MONSTER V-8 in 2020

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

If FX4 doesn't include a rear locker, then 4k for rear and a pseudo locker in the front is kinda in line with what you'd have to spend aftermarket. At the end of the day, if you're checking the Tremor box, you're really doing it for the lockers. The rest is fluff.

True. I know how much I spent to add lockers, new axles shafts, etc in my jeep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

a leveled out 250 is probably closer to a 6" lifted f150 than you think. It will easily sit on 35s from the factory and I know many people that run 37s with minor mods.

Good to know then. I never drove my f150 in factory form as lift, tires, wheels were done before I went and picked it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F350joe

yea did you also notice it has 22.5 hours and 133 miles so a lot of just idling and revving it up. I want no need this.
I think they did an off-road test or something too and who knows when it was reset. They better hope that is not indicative of real mpg or they will be breaking a lot of hearts.

Actually it has 236 miles. You sure that is a hobs meter and not a clock? Tank shows full with 228 miles til empty. Better hope that is the 29 gallon tank, 8.1 mpg. 34 gallon tank would be 6.7 mpg. 4.8 for the 46 gallon tank. Am I doing this right? Does reserve figure into that? 5 gallon reserve would work out to 9.5 mpg/7.8/5.6.

Last edited:

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
If I understand the literature correctly, the 4x4 system that is paired up the the 7.3L / 10 speed combo is full time 4WD / AWD. (no 2WD??)

That can't help economy. But... where also talking about a full sized heavy duty truck with a big block gas V8. If fuel economy is something your concerned about....

Available with every new engine option is the all-new, 10-speed heavy-duty TorqShift automatic that sends power to a permanent 4x4 AWD system.

jadmt

ignore button user
If I understand the literature correctly, the 4x4 system that is paired up the the 7.3L / 10 speed combo is full time 4WD / AWD. (no 2WD??)

That can't help economy. But... where also talking about a full sized heavy duty truck with a big block gas V8. If fuel economy is something your concerned about....

dang good catch.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
dang good catch.
I am not seeing it really mentioned anywhere in any of the articles I've read. So I am wondering if this information is correct?

Damn it. Also notice I need to correct my post above.... Should have said we're...not where....

jadmt

ignore button user
I am not seeing it really mentioned anywhere in any of the articles I've read. So I am wondering if this information is correct?

Damn it. Also notice I need to correct my post above.... Should have said we're...not where....
I hope it is incorrect info. There are times that AWD is nice but not so sure on a truck. I personally would rather have a real T/C and hubs. oh where, were, or we're all close enough :)

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
The upper end f150 has a dual speed t-case with full time AWD, part time 4wd & 4 low. I’d prefer this option if it were reality. Motor trend reported the same....

More fake news?? (Link)
Yes, that would be my ideal as well. I believe Ram and GM offer a transfer case like that in a few lower trim level of 1500's.

GM offers a transfer case like that in the new 2020 HD's. (Not sure what trims levels it's offered in though) So, it's feasible Ford may offer something similar to compete.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles