One of the Coolest Small, Off-road Capable Camping Trailers I've Seen

20DYNAMITE07

Just along for the ride
From the looks of it, it looks like it means they made it look like it might go off road. How far off road is debatable.

From the looks of it, it looks like it means that it meets or exceeds the needs 95% of the users on this web site. I think they're being realistic that a trailer with a 6x6x12 box isn't going to be ideal for rock crawling but it will be fine on nearly every forest service road in the country and comfortably travel from Baja to the Dempster Hwy. You can get it with 33" LT tires and with 17.5" of ground clearance on a 3000# timbren axeless setup or a 3500# Dexter axel, and it's got all aluminum and composite construction. It will make it plenty of places. It would probably finish a road like the Canning Stock Route in better shape than my lifted and locked 5th gen 4Runner would. But that's just my guess-

D

Deleted member 9101

Drives me nuts to see the way they outfit the vast majority of trailers in North America. Too big, too complicated and designed to look like a suburban tract house with all the amenities.

You do realize that not everyone wants to sleep in a 2' wide bed, cook out side, or be crowded while inside their camper?

TGK

You do realize that not everyone wants to sleep in a 2' wide bed, cook out side, or be crowded while inside their camper?
I fully realize that. Just seems to me that there is not much middle ground between trailers trying to replicate a cheap tract house only on wheels vs what you reference, bed's on wheels with the necessities outside. They certainly both have their markets, but is seems to me that there is fertile ground to be tilled by offering something in between.

Grassland

Right? There is tear and square drops, basically beds on wheels with a kitchenette at the back, and then huge trailers. The market isn't saturated with units you can stand up in, have some living space in, that are a more manageable size.

TGK

While there are more smaller units in the market now than years back such as some the Intech and T@B designs, my sense is that the fiberglass units like Escape and Casita are still the preferred choice, although even they have there limitations. While I understand some of the tradeoffs builders face when designing small trailers, it does fascinate me that bed size is often sacrificed so they can load other amenities inside. To me, the bed is one of the most important features. Even Airstream still puts 48" wide beds in some of their smaller units while, IMO, wasting space on a dry bath in a camping trailer.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I fully realize that. Just seems to me that there is not much middle ground between trailers trying to replicate a cheap tract house only on wheels vs what you reference, bed's on wheels with the necessities outside. They certainly both have their markets, but is seems to me that there is fertile ground to be tilled by offering something in between.
Right? There is tear and square drops, basically beds on wheels with a kitchenette at the back, and then huge trailers. The market isn't saturated with units you can stand up in, have some living space in, that are a more manageable size.
I don't know.... R-pods, Falcons, t@b, boler, Casita, Airstream, Winnebago plus I don't know how many other 17' trailers are out there.

I believe there are lots of options in between a tear drop or a 'huge' trailer.

Ours is 21' (23' hitch to bumper) and most would consider it on the small side....

Grassland

Sorry I should have said "trailers of that middle size not built like a pile of garbage" to be a bit more clear.
I'd take a variety of terminal illnesses over paying money for a Forest River or Thor product ever again.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Sorry I should have said "trailers of that middle size not built like a pile of garbage" to be a bit more clear.
I'd take a variety of terminal illnesses over paying money for a Forest River or Thor product ever again.
Or Forest River has been good so far? ?‍♂️ Are there better built trailers out there? For sure. If I wanted to pay double or triple the money. This one has done everything we needed.

If anything breaks, I'll fix it with a stronger part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94