Ooof... I hate when this happens.....ARB fridge

OverlandKyle

Adventurer
I came across ARB's new wireless temperature sensor for the fridge while browsing and I knew I had to have it as I use my fridge to transport my insulin as I'm a diabetic and it's very vital that the temperature is maintained so I was about to buy one but then I noticed it would only work with those that were made after mid-2014..... Even though I bought mine brand new in early 2015, I must've gotten some NOS as I have the older model without the plug for the transmitter

I'm somewhat disappointed even though it's nobody fault

I'll have to find some other way to monitor the temperature remotely

enzo

Explorer
I just bought the arb wireless fridge monitor this past week and luckily my fridge is compatible.

FYI-Engel makes a similar setup and it's much cheaper.

moabian

Just about any remote thermometer will work. The trick is finding one where the "indoor" module that receives the readings isn't huge. I use one by NexxTech. The indoor module sits in the JK dash tray and is only about 3"x2"x1". Amazon has quite a few with small indoor modules.

JimBiram

Adventurer
Ironman sells one that is remote that I use with my Whynter fridge. It tracks hi/lo, ambient Ana's well as the temp in the fridge. Batteries go for several days continuously.

Every Day is a Good Day Surfing...Some are just Better Than Others

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mbuckner

Adventurer
I use a wireless Accurite 00782 (old model) in my Engel 43qt ....... it runs 24 hrs/7 days a week ... I usually change the
batteries every 12 months .... paid $10 for it at Walmart about 6 years ago ....

It shows ambient and fridge temperature .. no time and no date ... I kept it simple .....

Best regards,

Mike

Kiomon

Adventurer
I want to check my two. Where do we look? But like others have posted, there are other options. But I do feel your pain!

Crom

Expo this, expo that, exp
I use a wireless Accurite 00782 (old model) in my Engel 43qt ....... it runs 24 hrs/7 days a week ... I usually change the
batteries every 12 months .... paid $10 for it at Walmart about 6 years ago ....

It shows ambient and fridge temperature .. no time and no date ... I kept it simple .....

Best regards,

Mike
^This!

I did exactly the same thing. I highly recommend it!

OverlandKyle

Adventurer
I want to thank everyone who gave their input... I took your suggestions and went to Walmart and bought an accurite gauge for 10 bucks and another 5 bucks on batteries and it came out great

It seems to read slightly colder than the readout does on the ARB

9dffa8e3d31260ddffbe0001fb3ee9a2_zpsdqihe9n5.jpg

mbuckner

Adventurer
Just as a backup I keep one of these inside the Engel and in addition I can compare the temp readings
between the digital and the mechanical:

http://www.wasserstrom.com/restaurant-supplies-equipment/Product_6009457

My goal is to keep the fridge temp @ 34°F ... my experience has been to watch frozen water bottles to see how
fast they start to thaw, then adjust from there ...

You could use a simple mercury thermometer as a comparison to get to your preferred temperature
for your medicine.

Best regards,

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles