More possible ideas:
1. Get a cab for you new vehicle and set up a similar sleeping platform as before the little one. Your wife and daughter can bunk in there.
2. Buy a tent/cot for you and the dog to sleep in.
3. Buy a screenhouse (look at lots first) to use for a table/shade/light rain/bugs/keep stuff out of sight, etc. I ran a yellow bug light from the inside top when we had electricity around to read at night, board games, conversation.
4. I pulled a utility trailer for the items that wouldn't fit in the truck/car or didn't need to be in the vehicle: firewood, coolers, small lifetime table, grill/stove, etc.
5. Along with all of the other great suggestions as well especially renting equipment first.
Thanks, TB. All good ideas. I've got some time this winter to think of some plans. Ideally, I'd like to find an older Skamper 072 (Pop up truck camper) for our weekend travels in the warmer months to start out with, and then have a utility shell to use for the off season and winters. Those are my thoughts this week anyways, seems to change from week to week.