Oregon Back Country Discovery Route (Summer '07)

jingram

Adventurer
I'm looking for information from anybody that has done all four sections of Route 5 on the Oregon Back Country Discovery Route found here.

I recently aquired the maps from here on the Landrover Oregon site and printed them all off on 11x17 in color at work. I am just now starting to go through the process of plotting the route out on GPS from the detailed topo maps.

I was wondering if anybody here has taken this trip, if so what were your experiences? What time of year did you do it? Do you have GPS waypoints? Pictures?

Lastly, if anybody in the PNW is interested in doing this early summer, let me know.

paulj

Expedition Leader
The route has been mentioned in a few recent threads. In one of those I posted a link to trip S to N done by a couple of guys on motorcycle. That link has the most details that I've found.

I am planning a trip in that part of Oregon in May, but will probably stay to the east, and then across the south. At best I will parallel the route (on main FS roads) in the Lakeview to Christmas Valley area.

paulj

blupaddler

Conspirator
I am still in the planning stages of this trip. (this year was...)

Anyway, I was told June is a good time. Probably a little cold come October.

I purchased the maps from here:
http://oohva.org/

I am VERY interested. My problem is work...I am not allowed much time off in the summer.

Keep us posted on your decision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior